Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my 12v rebuild

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i know nothing of this photo bucket!
    Got truck started though, running like ****. I think pump timing is somehow off. annnnnd a few oil leaks. nobody said it was easy!

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i know nothing of this photo bucket you speak of. I do know i had my injecter lines hooked up wrong. so she runs awsome now! break in sucks, not able to just beat on it yet.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The best way to break in turbo diesel engines is to put a good load on them and work the engine. Pulling a loaded trailer is a perfect way to load up the engine. Don't baby it other than changing the oil and filter sooner. The sooner you put a load on that engine the better it will perform. While the cylinders are relatively rough is when the rings have the best chance to seat properly.

Good luck with your new engine!

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Go borrow a travel traiker for a weekend and go for a very long ride.. Change the oil when you get back

By the way, stick a magnet on the oil filter. Do it now. This is the most critical time to have it. You'd be amazed what they collect for the first 2000 miles

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You can also go find a dyno with a working brake and run it there hard.

8. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Truck is running like a champ. The vibration was a few inj lines in the wrong spot, oops. also had a leaking return line banjo bolt but got er fixed up. If i had to do it again i wouldn't have powdercoated parts. The paint on valve covers is already cracking, shoulda went polished. New turbo is pushing 40-45psi on street.

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i swear i have the worst luck. Ive got the head off to repair the blown head gasket (#6 let go) and i've got some good scaring in #1 #3 . some dirt may have got in or something when putting it together i dunno. i just know if you run a finger over the groove it'll catch your finger nail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12