Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: MM3 Agent Update

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Agent Update

I have noticed recent MM3 Agent updates Version 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0 both were infected by the VHO;Trojan.Win32.Agent.gen according to Kaspersky Antivirus.

Just wanted to let folks know to make sure and run your antivirus scan software after install.

Hopefully @MM3 Power will check on their server also.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram, Skywrench thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, Dadboss liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Agent Update

Kapersky Antivirus software does not play nice with MM3 Agent.

I contacted @MM3 Power support today and spoke with Dirk.

As usual his tech support is top notch, we were able to repair my damaged and missing files that the antivirus thought were infected and had deleted.

Just another reminder to turn off your antivirus software when installing and updating MM3 Agent, then set up exceptions so the antivirus knows MM3 Agent is a safe program and won’t try to repair, block or delete it.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Kapersky Antivirus software does not play nice with MM3 Agent. I contacted @MM3 Power support today and spoke with Dirk. As usual his tech support is top notch, we were able to repair my damaged and missing files that the antivirus thought were infected and had deleted. Just another reminder to turn off your antivirus software when installing and updating MM3 Agent, then set up exceptions so the antivirus knows MM3 Agent is a safe program and won’t try to repair, block or delete it.

Thanks for that update Bob and glad you got everything repaired.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have been building and programming computers since the early 90's and I would absolutely never use any free anti-virus (except one, see below) or any anti-virus product from Norton, Mcafee or Microsoft.

Those are the most popular and from a hacker or virus creator's view you have to be able to bypass those programs for you or your virus to be successful.

After years of research I found F-Secure to be one that works and is well supported.

I had the anti-virus catch an unknown threat.

It prompted me to email F-Secure and they had a fix sent back to me in under an hour.

It does cost but well worth it.

For those of you who have Charter or Spectrum cable internet it is available for free as their Security Suite.

I have checked it out and it is the same as their retail product with Charter/Spectrum advertising

For what it's worth when my son was a teenager he would find a way to get windows so messed up with viruses and junk I had to format and start over about every 4 months.

I installed F-Secure and never had to do it again.

I also run MM3 Agent updater and no conflicts.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

8. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post