Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: P0102 Mass Air Flow CEL

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0102 Mass Air Flow CEL

2011 RAM 3500 CCDRWLB 6 speed manual DRD tuned (mainly running the +120 hp tune) I also installed a city diesel turbo actuator.

The truck runs great, pulls hard, and is loads of fun to drive.

Now the issue I have been having.

The truck will run fine for days on end with no CEL until I turn on the exhaust brake, then within a matter of minutes "ding", the CEL comes on and throws a P0102 Mass airflow sensor "A" circuit low.

Turn the EB off drive it for a few trips the code clears and all is good until I turn the EB on again, then "Ding".

The batteries are good and I've cleaned the MAF sensor once but it doesn't change a thing.

Based on some other stuff I have read I am thinking that the MAF may not be getting enough voltage but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.

Just wondering if anyone had run into this before, thanks in advance.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0102 Mass air flow CEL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper89 View Post
    2011 RAM 3500 CCDRWLB 6 speed manual DRD tuned (mainly running the +120 hp tune) I also installed a city diesel turbo actuator.

The truck runs great, pulls hard, and is loads of fun to drive.

Now the issue I have been having.

The truck will run fine for days on end with no CEL until I turn on the exhaust brake, then within a matter of minutes "ding", the CEL comes on and throws a P0102 Mass airflow sensor "A" circuit low.

Turn the EB off drive it for a few trips the code clears and all is good until I turn the EB on again, then "Ding".

The batteries are good and I've cleaned the MAF sensor once but it doesn't change a thing.

Based on some other stuff I have read I am thinking that the MAF may not be getting enough voltage but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.

Just wondering if anyone had run into this before, thanks in advance.
    Hey man, sorry to hear you're having troubles!

Check fuse #51 and see if it's getting power to it and check the 3 wires on the MAF sensor.

A common problem on these earlier trucks is a bad/broken soldered joint on fuse #51.

This will directly affect your MAF and exhaust brake function.

If this is your problem then you should be showing low voltage on your actuator wiring as well as your MAF wiring.

Hope this helps.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post