Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  35

Thread: NewB From Antelope Valley, CA

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

NewB From Antelope Valley, CA

Hi All,

I own a 2012, Crewcab, short bed 4x4, grey with a Cummins.

I pulled the trigger on it because it's pre-DEF and it was bought new.

It only has 70K miles.

Right now I'm changing all the fluids (PS, Brake, Tranny, Diff, Transfer, flushing radiator) because it's almost 10 years old.

Also, just installed a new set of brakes and about to buy some tires.

The truck has been flawless; however, I'm thinking about a new toy hauler and my 2012 can't pull 18K.

I'm considering going to a 3500 HO Cummins; thus, the reason for me joining the forum.

I don't have a clue about the late model HO Cummins motors, reliability, maintenance, use, etc.

Living in Calif, I can't delete anything.

So, I here to lurk in the background and learn.

Regards
    Chuck

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NewB From Antelope Valley, CA

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Chuck &

It's awesome that you chose to join our community!

Visit here to learn more about our community ----->https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...TS-PLEASE-READ!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterpilot View Post
    Hi All,

It only has 70K miles.

Right now I'm changing all the fluids (PS, Brake, Tranny, Diff, Transfer, flushing radiator) because it's almost 10 years old.

The truck has been flawless; however, I'm thinking about a new toy hauler and my 2012 can't pull 18K.

I'm considering going to a 3500 HO Cummins; thus, the reason for me joining the forum.

I don't have a clue about the late model HO Cummins motors, reliability, maintenance, use, etc.

Regards
    Chuck
    Welcome Chuck!!

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!

8. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, dodgemark liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Likes watersupply189, dodgemark liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum chuck!

You came to the best place to get info, everyone on here is great and knowledgeable, you will learn!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterpilot View Post
    Hi All,

It only has 70K miles.

Regards
    Chuck
    Welcome to the forum Chuck!

Sorry to hear your '12 won't fit the bill for the new hauler.

Everything is the same for the most part, just add DEF.

You'll like how the Aisin transmission(if you go H.O.) shifts with 18k behind it, just keep in mind the Aisin has a more frequent service interval compared to the 68RFE that you currently have(unless you have manual).

It's worth a mention that RAM swapped out the CP3 injector pump for a CP4 that isn't proving itself to be as reliable thus far.

The 13+ trucks have 2 fuel filters whereas your current truck only has 1 fuel filter.

It cost a few more dollars to maintain but the benefit greatly outweighs the cost.

If I had 18k to pull I would not hesitate to go with a H.O. because it's meant to do exactly what your'e doing.

Just do your regular maintenance ON TIME EVERY TIME while buying fuel at high volume stations and enjoy the truck.

There is nothing you can do about the emissions system so there is no need worry about it IMO, just know that if the system fails out of warranty that it could result in repair bill that is a few thousand dollars.

Glad you joined, hope you enjoy your stay!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post