Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Transmissions 68RFE Street

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Next Gen Transmissions 68RFE Street

Who has a Next Gen transmission?

Which model do you have?

How is it holding up?

How many miles do you have on them and what do you tow?

How is their warranty any issues /problems?

Any and all feedback appreciated.

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Next Gen Transmissions 68RFE Street

Quote Originally Posted by BenM_SR View Post
    Who has a Next Gen transmission?

Which model do you have?

How is it holding up?

How many miles do you have on them and what do you tow?

How is their warranty any issues /problems?

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Good morning, I see you are in Leander which is not far from us!

I have heard some not so good things about nextgen transmissions concerning customer service and product reliability.

Most of our customers go with a Revmax and or Suncoast for their builds.

The owner of Nextgen I talk to every so often and he seems like a decent guy but i don't know much else about him.

Holler if you have any questions my friend as I'm happy to help!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have a nextgen transmission. The competition, it’s been good this far thankfully. But Nate is a shitbag, customer service is spotty and “never my fault” attitude. The internals are that of revmax and suncoast, with a dnj valve body. There are many complaints and issues with nextgen. Simple google search shows that, hell there is even a fb page about it.
    I have over 10k miles on my trans that he built and it tows fantastic, shifts amazing and holds to my constant abuse. but just be careful on the purchase. Lots of complaints on his customer service and reliability. That’s just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes AnOldBiker, Lopie, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    I have a nextgen transmission. The competition, it’s been good this far thankfully. But Nate is a shitbag, customer service is spotty and “never my fault” attitude. The internals are that of revmax and suncoast, with a dnj valve body. There are many complaints and issues with nextgen. Simple google search shows that, hell there is even a fb page about it.
    I have over 10k miles on my trans that he built and it tows fantastic, shifts amazing and holds to my constant abuse. but just be careful on the purchase. Lots of complaints on his customer service and reliability. That’s just my $.02

Probably Vote Revmax.

8. Thanks BenM_SR thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Nextgen is trash.

10. Likes AnOldBiker, kflynn318, BenM_SR liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@BenM_SR

I always have the older equipment, seems I never get anything until they've been on the market for at least 3 years to see the ups and downs from the actual owners.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes watersupply189, BenM_SR, kflynn318, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Update : I currently have a Next Gen Street Transmission rated @ 750Hp that went out at less than 10K miles (Pulled Boat & Travel trailer 6-8k on weekends). Never truly shifted properly always rough and clunky at operating temperature (thank you Ray for trying to adjust trans tuning to make it right) . When cold it shifted a lot smoother almost factory. After speaking to Next Gen and hearing that it was electrical issue / wiring harness issues and not his transmission I have decided to cut ties as I will be dealing with more problems down the road . Thank you for all the responses and PM's . After this experience I will be staying with in Texas for my next transmission . Thank you kflynn318 for your offers & Pm's I will stop by your shop and say hey if we travel out that way .
    AnOldBiker
    - Is correct need at least 3 years of
    business / reviews before purchasing / Also need to consider how far away the shop is your buying from . When Purchasing in January 2020 there were no reviews now there are a bunch even a Facebook support group .

Currently - My truck is @ Red Horse Motorsports in Denton,TX getting Warhorse 700 transmission built & installed along with a coolant bypass .

14. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes Chrisn162001, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I posted here before about Nextgen and what I found.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ck-68RFE/page4

I'll copy and paste.

Yeah when I was looking into transmissions to kill some time, next gen definitely has a lot of controversy.

From a bunch of Facebook failures post with evidence of failures, especially his custom valve bodies.

His BBB has horrible reviews, also says all his bad Yelp/Google reviews get deleted.

His transmission address is the same as another transmission shops, (which is really weird), also seen post that he doesn't have his BAR mechanics license (not familiar with California Law also not sure if true).

As I have not seen this stuff in person however and I doubt tons of people are lying (always going to get one or two pissed off customers who lie or turn up the power then break something), even if he his a good transmission shop I don't want to deal with all that drama and wait time.

Last is with his warranty it's pretty much non existent.

Again saying this is just what I have found online through basic searches not even paid searches, have not seen the stuff in person.

All the big builders by me use either Sonnax or Revmax billet parts.

This is how I got my idea for my valve body DNJ, Sonnax piston, Revmax bonded plate, Sonnax cover, & Sonnax tcc.

So now it's between Sonnax or Revmax for the internals.

For the couple people I talked to they said both are great manufacturers.

I really don't know much about transmissions I am at the mercy of people telling the truth.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

16. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes BenM_SR, Murph liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Next gen uses Miramar transmissions to build his trash he calls a built trans.

Next Gen is a llc that subs out trans builds to Miramar and owns no assets so basically nothing to sue for.

There’s a lot more to it than throwing a bunch of shinny billet revmax or sonnax parts into a transmission though.

Clutch selection and setup really makes a difference.

There’s also valve body and pump mods that are needed.

For example no one I know of uses the clutch’s that come with the sonnax input drum.

18. Likes BenM_SR, watersupply189, Murph liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Wow, and to think Nate is now dyno tuning and selling performance parts for supercars?

Formulaoneperformance.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast