Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tranny Relearn Question

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Tranny Relearn Question

Quote Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
    Just talked with Revmax and the guy told me that the quick learn is needed.... well that throws a wrench in my plans. Also, I shot an email to Ray and he recommended driving a while with the new valve body installed before I program ECM.

Chrisn, I see that you are local. Is there anywhere I can rent a scanner to do this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Alfa OBD2 can do it also.

I don’t know anyone who rents scanners.

I’m not in cc any more moved close to Victoria otherwise I would bring mine by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks CodyW thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I can't get the link to work.

Is it just me?

I tried the link using Tapatalk and on the Igotacummins forum works fine for me. You generally have to click once to download then click again to view. Please try again, if you still can’t view it PM me and I will send it that way. 68RFE relearn.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Tranny Relearn Question

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Same here. Can’t get it to work.
    I tried the link using Tapatalk and on the Igotacummins forum works fine for me. You generally have to click once to download then click again to view. Please try again, if you still can’t view it PM me and I will send it that way.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I tried the link using Tapatalk and on the Igotacummins forum works fine for me. You generally have to click once to download then click again to view. Please try again, if you still can’t view it PM me and I will send it that way.

It worked after I opened on the website.

The instructions don't say if a quick learn was performed prior to initial driving.

I emailed @DRD and he said that flashing the ecm after installing the valve body, followed by taking it easy would be sufficient. I'm thinking of flashing his tunes followed by the procedures you provided. I will keep it on the 30hp tune for a while. Thoughts?

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

It worked after I opened on the website.

The instructions don't say if a quick learn was performed prior to initial driving.

I emailed @DRD and he said that flashing the ecm after installing the valve body, followed by taking it easy would be sufficient. I'm thinking of flashing his tunes followed by the procedures you provided. I will keep it on the 30hp tune for a while. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Ray really knows his stuff, I would go with that.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

After my Revmax VB install over a year ago I just took it easy for a while no problems.

I don't remember seeing anything in the instructions about a quick learn either.

I have heard that a complete tranny swap needs to be installed by an approved tech and scanner to get cvi values correct.

Not sure if that is still the case now though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

9. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12