Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: FASS Lift Pump Question - Need Tech Minds

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FASS Lift Pump Question - Need Tech Minds

So I got my truck back from my trusted diesel shop from putting a new titan tank and FASS lift pump and sump system in mind you I don't ask him questions I just told him what I want he says no problem I got you.

"Well when I looked at the invoice he installed a 250 GPH FASS system mind you this is just a mildly tuned truck def not 1000 hp he said the truck will send whatever it doesn't use back into the tank and with the sump system it returns even easier so literally there is absolutely nothing to worry about and you'll have the most consistent pressure ever no matter what I'm doing haha.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Way overkill to the point of hurting something or since it has a pretty free flowing return system im golden?

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FASS Lift Pump Question - Need Tech Minds

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    So I got my truck back from my trusted diesel shop from putting a new titan tank and FASS lift pump and sump system in mind you I don't ask him questions I just told him what I want he says no problem I got you.

"Well when I looked at the invoice he installed a 250 GPH FASS system mind you this is just a mildly tuned truck def not 1000 hp he said the truck will send whatever it doesn't use back into the tank and with the sump system it returns even easier so literally there is absolutely nothing to worry about and you'll have the most consistent pressure ever no matter what I'm doing haha.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Way overkill to the point of hurting something or since it has a pretty free flowing return system im golden?
    It's overkill for your build so far but you can grow into it if you so choose. The 250 systems cost a little bit more but any unused fuel will be returned to the tank.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Tech$12, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    It's overkill for your build so far but you can grow into it if you so choose. The 250 systems cost a little bit more but any unused fuel will be returned to the tank.
    It's funny that you responded to this Clayton was the first person I text messaged and he somewhat said the same thing he said don't worry about it at the very worst you'll be replacing that pump a little bit before it's time other than that it'll be fine ????

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

6. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It's funny that you responded to this Clayton was the first person I text messaged and he somewhat said the same thing he said don't worry about it at the very worst you'll be replacing that pump a little bit before it's time other than that it'll be fine ????
    The 250 just works a little harder and in your case it's for nothing. If it's already installed I'd drive it until it gives you trouble. Be sure to register your warranty and you're golden.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Tech$12, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The 250 just works a little harder and in your case it's for nothing. If it's already installed I'd drive it until it gives you trouble. Be sure to register your warranty and you're golden.
    Ill just replace it for a 165 next year , I need to recover from paying for a full CP4 failure out of pocket on a 2020 Ram that only had 7500 miles on it LOL

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ill just replace it for a 165 next year , I need to recover from paying for a full CP4 failure out of pocket on a 2020 Ram that only had 7500 miles on it LOL
    No need to replace the 250 unless you just want to IMO. Why was the CP4 out of pocket?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes Tech$12, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No need to replace the 250 unless you just want to IMO. Why was the CP4 out of pocket?
    Dealership told me " there are over 700 trucks in the country with the same problem I could count on the truck being out of service for roughly 2-3 months " " oh oh and we don't have a fix for this we are going to replace your whole fuel system with the same **** and hope it doesn't happen again "

I wanted to get the Industrial injection CP3 conversion but they literally have no idea when they are going to be able to ship kits out because of problems with the company that makes their line kits

So I took it elsewhere and upgraded everything I could in the fuel system

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Dealership told me " there are over 700 trucks in the country with the same problem I could count on the truck being out of service for roughly 2-3 months " " oh oh and we don't have a fix for this we are going to replace your whole fuel system with the same **** and hope it doesn't happen again "

I wanted to get the Industrial injection CP3 conversion but they literally have no idea when they are going to be able to ship kits out because of problems with the company that makes their line kits

So I took it elsewhere and upgraded everything I could in the fuel system
    Yea, one company advertised CP3 conversion kits, took customers money and to my knowledge hasn't mailed out not one single kit... How much metal did it send through the system?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

It really wasn't that bad , I personally cleaned the rail , the bore is nearly the same as an 5.56 rifle so needless to say I had everything in the world to clean that out the fuel pressure regulator had some metal on it , so I replaced it , the fuel quality sensor was perfect , even under a magnifying glass , the injector ramps where clean , cleaned em anyways , obviously replaced the injectors , the preformed lines from the rail are cheap and easy to get so we replaced em and then as stated Exergy did me a huge favor and sold me a CP4 they haven't even released yet that has been gone thru and improved and they added their MPROP screen. But all and all there really wasnt that much metal in the system but I'll tell ya what the old CP4 is crunchy AF to try and turn ??? all that counts is the truck is back and service and running great

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Come across this video the other night.
    Just browsing all the diesel fuel system filter kits.

After watching the video a couple times and asking a few questions - I found he it referring to the FASS filters.
    If you are interested - do research and see if there is anything to this.

I know many owners have switched from the FASS filters to other Higher Quality (Proven) filters on their FASS pumps.

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest but this issue has been talked about before - not only on YouTube.
    This is only a issue with the rebranded Filters not the PUMP - The Pumps are reliable and durable - as good as it gets.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Tech$12, watersupply189 liked this post