Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Blend Door Actuator Motor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Blend Door Actuator Motor?

So with my 08, I've noticed I'm not really getting any air out of anywhere.

So took the glove box out looked at the fresh air blend door its functioning properly but when flipping through the knobby noticed the upper/lower b;end doors not even moving.

Ya no with the steel rod thing conecting the 2 together.

Hmmm I tried to manually do it as I no these will still go up and down when ya grip it and do it, but shes locked it seems.

I wonder if the actuator motor is pooched?

When I turn the key to on postion the whole system should go through there process, but that one motor ain't moving a mm.

What ya think guys change the motor and hope for the best LOL.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Blend Door Actuator Motor?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    So with my 08, I've noticed I'm not really getting any air out of anywhere.

So took the glove box out looked at the fresh air blend door its functioning properly but when flipping through the knobby noticed the upper/lower b;end doors not even moving.

Ya no with the steel rod thing conecting the 2 together.

Hmmm I tried to manually do it as I no these will still go up and down when ya grip it and do it, but shes locked it seems.

I wonder if the actuator motor is pooched?

When I turn the key to on postion the whole system should go through there process, but that one motor ain't moving a mm.

What ya think guys change the motor and hope for the best LOL.
    Just a thought, can you check to see if the motor is getting any power first?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Blend Door Actuator Motor?

Oh, wait!

are there any fuses for the individual motors?

I'd still have to take the dash apart by the stereo to get to the motor plug, but like I said it's stiff as fook when I tried to manually move it.

Could be the gear in the motor as the gears are just plastic cogs.

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post