Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New To The Site Just Became Premium

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New To The Site Just Became Premium

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I am assuming you don’t have this sound prior to the delete work, so I would double check all the exhaust and intake connections that you recently made. Perhaps post a video with the sound. Hopefully others will have some additional suggestions.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You are right I didn't have this sound prior to the delete. I torqued everything down to 50 Ftlbs on the exhaust clamps its a 4 inch flo pro so I didnt have to change the downpipe. Tuning is from dieselracekits, I want a clean tune and I was hoping that DRD could help with that.

I will do that next I drive it down the hill. Thank you for the help so far.

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I am assuming you didn’t have this sound prior to the delete work, so I would double check all the exhaust and intake connections that you recently made. Perhaps post a video with the sound. Hopefully others will have some additional suggestions.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Here is the sound

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

New To The Site Just Became Premium

If you just deleted it then what your probably hearing is the actual sound of the exhaust brake since it’s not being muffled by the soot cookers.

EDIT... ok just listen to the YouTube post. No that’s definitely not normal.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    If you just deleted it then what your probably hearing is the actual sound of the exhaust brake since it’s not being muffled by the soot cookers.

EDIT... ok just listen to the YouTube post. No that’s definitely not normal.

A friend just told me that it could be the idler bearing. Any credence to that?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
    Here is the sound

Hmmm......still sounds like it could be an exhaust leak to me. Hopefully we will get some other opinions shortly.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hmmm......still sounds like it could be an exhaust leak to me. Hopefully we will get some other opinions shortly.

I think my next step will be to remove the rear block off plate and make sure there is nothing in the way of the plate and the exhaust manifold. and put some teflon tape on the threads of the allen screw

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

New To The Site Just Became Premium

I think my next step will be to remove the rear block off plate and make sure there is nothing in the way of the plate and the exhaust manifold. and put some teflon tape on the threads of the allen screw
    Just Incase you don’t know there should be a gasket under the block off plates also. Look for any signs of leaks while you have the plate off. (Black soot streaks on manifold or plate surfaces)

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Just Incase you don’t know there should be a gasket under the block off plates also. Look for any signs of leaks while you have the plate off. (Black soot streaks on manifold or plate surfaces)

Where can I get gaskets for the block of plates I didn't receive any with the kit?

16. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

A friend just told me that it could be the idler bearing. Any credence to that?
    Sounds like a leak in a block off plate. Is the gasket aligned correctly or does it even have a gasket?

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

18. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Where can I get gaskets for the block of plates I didn't receive any with the kit?
    I am not sure of a good source, usually they come with the kit. I don’t see why you couldn’t use the OEM gaskets from your local RAM dealership.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast