Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: WHAT TUNER?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

WHAT TUNER?

Looking to buy a programmer for my '01 24v. I have alot of people say an Edge with attitude is the best, then others say a Smarty is the only way to go. any suggestions?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Keep it simple. Edge Comp and a set of mechanical gauges. Plenty of power and you never have to worry about the module messing up or getting incorrect gauge readings.

3. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Get an edge comp with hot unlock. You can stack a smarty on it for even more power but you'll be happy with the comp for sure. Also I'd just get regular guages rather then the CS/CTS. If something were to happen to the monitor you lose all your vital info. Like sellahcummins said, keep it simple!

5. Thanks SelahCumminsKid thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

alright, i know you can some together i just didnt know which would be easier and would be better to start with

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have the Comp with the hot unlock and am running +40hp injectors and the stock HX35 turbo. I can chirp the tires all the way through 3rd gear and sometimes 4th even pushing 35in tires!!! plenty of power. I have a 6 speed though. Not sure what tranny you are running but the Comp gives tons of power and no monitor issues!!! Even with it on level 5x5 all the time I am able to make 24-25 miles to gallon too.

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Edge Comp

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

surprised no one has said smarty... ill say it "SMARTY"
    but dealing with smarty can be a bit confusing, had a hard time myself deciding between edge and smarty.
    either one you'll be happy with!

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

the smarty is good for the third gen trucks
    but for the second gen go with the edge comp with mech gauges
    and if you don't want the old school gauges then do a edge juice with the cts or cs
    and you can always add the smarty later for more power

11. Likes stryker04cummins liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

and fill some info for your truck