Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2014 RAM Upgrade Advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 RAM Upgrade Advice

Hey guys, my 2014 is throwing turbo codes, and the exhaust brake stopped working and no boost.

I've been reading on the stock turbos going bad and with other changes and I've been wanting to make why not upgrade it.

Maybe you all can give me some advice.

I'm looking to go with a 5" TBE, delete everything, tunes, cold air, possible injectors later, possible head bolts later, and lift it up a little.

I would want to keep my EB and I also pull a 15k trailer every now and then (hoping to sell and buy something smaller in the future).

Can you guys give me some opinions on a turbo that would work for me now and in the future if I decide to do the head bolts and injectors?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Zjohnson112 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 RAM Upgrade Advice

Sounds like maybe your turbo actuator has failed.

Do a search on City Diesel turbo actuator.

Many here have replaced their failed one with this unit.

That would give you an immediate fix if that is, in fact, your problem.

As for the rest, I’ll defer to the experts here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, Str8Pipe, cogdellja liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 RAM Upgrade Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Pipe View Post
    Hey guys, my 2014 is throwing turbo codes, and the exhaust brake stopped working and no boost.

I've been reading on the stock turbos going bad and with other changes and I've been wanting to make why not upgrade it.

Maybe you all can give me some advice.

I'm looking to go with a 5" TBE, delete everything, tunes, cold air, possible injectors later, possible head bolts later, and lift it up a little.

I would want to keep my EB and I also pull a 15k trailer every now and then (hoping to sell and buy something smaller in the future).

Can you guys give me some opinions on a turbo that would work for me now and in the future if I decide to do the head bolts and injectors?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Fleece Cheetah retains the exhaust brake and you can most certainly grow into it. We also sell the City Diesel actuators that require no calibration. The City Diesel actuator would be a cheaper option depending on what codes you're throwing and what the condition is of your current turbo.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Str8Pipe thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post