Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Bumper Swap

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front Bumper Swap

I'm thinking about swapping my non-fog light front chrome bumper to a chrome front bumper with fog light holes/openings.

Anyone know where i can get one cheap?

Most pick and pull places want $400 for a front bumper, while Rockauto says they have one for $140, but i'm unsure if it's just an easy swap?

anyone do this? Also, what did you use for aftermarket fogs in this/these locations?

Where did you mount the switches?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...dy,bumper,1340

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front Bumper Swap

Yeah I would be Leary of buying something sight unseen.

The link says various manufacturers for that bumper.

You may get a high quality bumper or a bumper made out of tin! LOL

Sounds like a reasonable price.

I removed my factory fog lights and put Morimoto LED fog lights in mine.

You could run a switch with an inline fuse to your lights.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My son bought a front bumper cover for his charger on Rock auto for $46 and the fit was pretty good and I was surprised. You sure can't beat the price. I am running the Morimoto LED fog lights as well and like them. A lot of guys are running switches on the panel to the left of the steering wheel below the headlight switch, you could look at replacing the factory switch with the switch with the fog lights for $44 also on rock auto.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Yeah I would be Leary of buying something sight unseen.

The link says various manufacturers for that bumper.

You may get a high quality bumper or a bumper made out of tin! LOL

Sounds like a reasonable price.

I removed my factory fog lights and put Morimoto LED fog lights in mine.

You could run a switch with an inline fuse to your lights.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    My son bought a front bumper cover for his charger on Rock auto for $46 and the fit was pretty good and I was surprised. You sure can't beat the price. I am running the Morimoto LED fog lights as well and like them. A lot of guys are running switches on the panel to the left of the steering wheel below the headlight switch, you could look at replacing the factory switch with the switch with the fog lights for $44 also on rock auto.
    Would I be able to swap out the switch for a normal switch w/fogs? how hard would it be to wire that in?

I may just say skip it and wire it to a switch since i'm planning on doing so with a lightbar between the tow hooks anyways.

Been getting sick of drivers who refuse to turn off their brights while on my drive into work in the early morning hours.

Time to start giving people a tan.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If you get the fog light switch I believe it needs to be programmed by dealer or program like alpha obd.

I looked into this and for the cost I just installed a rocker switch.

Pic attached of my rockers.

I bought my switches, wire, and aux fuse panel cheaper that just the switch to replace for push button fogs.

I’ve got fogs, lightbar, bed light/air, and train horn there.

As long as you have the brackets already then I don’t see a problem with RA.

Craigslist and Facebook are decent places to look but hit or miss.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks watersupply189, BrentM thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When I was looking at doing the same thing on the last truck I learned 2 things.

One if the truck didn't come with fogs it's not even part of the harness.

Two I think if a guy was to trigger a relay utilizing the snow plow headlight circuit it would automatically turn them on with the headlights and no need for switches.

Wouldn't cause a fault code on that circuit?

That being said we ran a bumper with fogs for 2 years and never wired anything up so I can't say for sure it would work.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Shouldn't I be able to just tap into in the power wire for the parking/running lights?

I remember when i did some lights on my old S10 ZR2 I had a wiring kit from PIAA that had an adapter in it that would allow me to tap into my high beam wire so that whenever I turned my high beams on, the off-road lights would then come on.

I ended up running them to a switch anyways.

I think i'm just going to do a switch.

Much easier, less headache, and something I've already have experience with LOL.

I'm going to have a garage full of parts to install before i even get the garage LOL.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Tapping into just about anything will usually throw an error code in these modern trucks. So be careful about that and stay away from the headlight circuit as the power is pulsed there and even tapping it can cause issues.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

15. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

man things have changed in 10 years LOL.. I will just run a wire with an inline fuse to a switch then.. now to find some good switches

17. Likes watersupply189, badbajawa liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Now you understand why I didn't wire anything up in the 2 years we owned it LOL.

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast