Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: In Search Of An APPS Sensor Harness Repair Pigtail

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

In Search Of An APPS Sensor Harness Repair Pigtail

I replaced the app's sensor on my 2001 2500 automatic about a week ago, and it was running great, but now im having some wiring issues from the plug that plugs into the app's sensor.

I believe it's called a Deutsch connector 6 pin.

Someone who owned it previously went through and ruined the wires up pretty good and rigged them back together with electrical tape and a crappy solder job, and im 100% sure my problem lies there since it's a Sunday.

I can't confirm if the dealership has this repair pigtail, but if they don't, does anyone know where I can find this connector?

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated; thank you.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: In Search Of An APPS Sensor Harness Repair Pigtail

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well, I called the Dodge dealership today, and they do not make/sell a repair connector for the apps, nor do they have a replacement engine wiring harness in the entire country.

I have ordered a 6 pin Deutsch connector, pins, and the crimping tools and will see how the repair goes without having to go to a salvage yard to find a connector.

It also looks as if there is enough slack in the harness to reach with plenty of room after I cut off the frayed wires.

If it works out and all is good, I will complete this thread I started to help someone who ends up in the same situation, hopefully.

I'm in and details on where I purchased the materials to repair.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Update: I fixed my problem, and it has been working great.

I used www.deutschconnectorstore.com, the only thing I recommend is to find excellent quality automotive wiring with a very flexible sheathing like from any old engine wiring harness laying around with good wires, so over time they don't get brittle from heat exposure make sure the gauges of the wire are the same.

I soldered and shrink-wrapped the new wires onto the old harness since they ended up being too short of reaching the app's sensor after cutting the broken wires off but overall, has been working flawlessly.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post