Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: TPMS Sensors?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member NoMorePowerstrokes's Avatar

User Info Menu

TPMS Sensors?

What's up everyone. I am about to pull the trigger on some tires and wheels. I saw custom offset offers TPMS sensors with their wheel and tire packages.

I was curious if you guys typically just buy their sensors and if so are they compatible (doesnt trigger a light) or if you try and put the stock sensors on.

Thanks!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: TPMS Sensors?

I just ordered a set of compatible sensors from Amazon the last tire swap (Jeep but same thing) was like 25$ and I got fresh stems and sensors. Probably the way I'd go again as you get to see the reviews. Or maybe a vendor on here offers them??

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is custom offsets sending them to you mount and balanced? I've always heard good things about them and would say that the sensors are probably going to be fine and if they aren't then they have a good reputation to taking care of their customers.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I got a set of wheels from them and had tires mounted at a local shop planning on having them swap my sensors over from my stock wheels.

They had to special order some stems to make the sensors fit, otherwise new sensors were going to be like $80 each. - Apparently Ram uses some odd stems, according to this shop at least.

It worked out, took my truck sitting there overnight, but I think if I was ordering wheels and tires already mounted from Custom Offsets, I would just order new TPMS straight from them.

If I remember correctly they were reasonably priced.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member NoMorePowerstrokes's Avatar

User Info Menu

Finally decided on tires and wheels and made my order about 10 days ago.

Got numerous emails stating my order was inbound for assembly then tonight got an email saying my order is backordered 60-90 days.

First time using custom offsets and will likely be the last.

10. Thanks walla2k5, SyN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that.

I've never ordered from them directly but they have a great reputation.

Hopefully they figure out how to get you taken care of.

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The reviews on the company is about 50/50.
    But with that said - In todays Sensitive World - It's virtually Impossible to keep every customer happy!
    Just from my personal reading & searching - Was going to possibly look at ordering a complete set - but just couldn't find a design of Chrome or Polished wheel that made me say WoW! - That's Them!

So stopped the search and I'm content with OEM wheels - but still searching for that Ideal Hybrid True All-Terrain (without the ridiculous price tag)

These caught my eye! ---> https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Power-T.../dp/B07SRLXQ53

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

13. Top Of Page | #8

I've purchased from @Custom Offsets twice.

Once for a 18 Silverado 1500 and again for my 19 RAM 2500 limited.

The TPMS for the Silverado worked fine and no issues with my order.

The TPMS for the RAM will not work.

Had a local tire shop tell me anymore with RAM they only use oem sensors since the aftermarket ones are so hit or miss.

Also, after the other issues I had with my second order I'll definitely be looking elsewhere for my wheels and tires in the future.

But, that's just my experience.

Yours might be different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN liked this post