Likes Likes:  107
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    Update for those following along.

Put it back together over the weekend. Also regeared it at the same time.

Feels really solid but I only have 44 miles on it.

Gearing is going to take some getting used to and probably going to drive me to getting trans tuning sooner than later. It's back to the stock truck tricks of always needing to shift to do anything. I actually liked the way it was before, but obviously that was just too much stress on the trans.

I'm fairly certain the bearing failure was probably due to my install. Some lessons are harder to learn than others.

The revmax rebuild kit does add extra clutches all over the place and I rebuilt the sonnex drum using a different clutch stack at the recommendation of a fellow member(thank you).

I guess time will tell if it's going to hold up this time but it feels different than last time so I'm hopeful.

Side note: I have noticed the temps don't seem to climb in park anymore. It's also 32° outside so we'll see where it settles in

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Willing to post up the trans part list for future reference?

Last question, what gears did you end up get?

2018 srw 3500

2. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

4.56 gears with my 38s definitely would do 4.44 for 37s.

Sonnex drum with revmax high performance rebuild kit.

I built up the valve body with parts in the very first post to this thread but if I were to do it again I would just do a revmax valve body.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

3. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Hey all, update with a couple of questions.

I decided to pull the trigger on a visit to "the doctor" earlier so tuner exhaust and intake are on the way soon.

The truck has been solid for a bit now, not fighting heat issues anymore and seems to be back in working order.

I have towed my 21k lbs toy hauler a bit now and its much happier with the new gears and trans, and I definitely am a lot nicer to it in my driving style since all of this has begun.

I've talked to quite a few people and have ultimately decided that rays trans tunes will probably help to solve most of my remaining concerns/complaints with the way stuff shifts. that being said I am still looking for a couple of parts to complete the deleting process.

I'd like to remove the egr completely mostly for ease of egt probe install.

I think id also like to just install a high ram intake horn at the same time and clean everything up all at once.

I am wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for a quality plate kit, and if there may be a vendor that would like to tackle my remaining parts order?

Thanks everyone.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    Hey all, update with a couple of questions.

I decided to pull the trigger on a visit to "the doctor" earlier so tuner exhaust and intake are on the way soon.

The truck has been solid for a bit now, not fighting heat issues anymore and seems to be back in working order.

I have towed my 21k lbs toy hauler a bit now and its much happier with the new gears and trans, and I definitely am a lot nicer to it in my driving style since all of this has begun.

I've talked to quite a few people and have ultimately decided that rays trans tunes will probably help to solve most of my remaining concerns/complaints with the way stuff shifts. that being said I am still looking for a couple of parts to complete the deleting process.

I'd like to remove the egr completely mostly for ease of egt probe install.

I think id also like to just install a high ram intake horn at the same time and clean everything up all at once.

I am wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for a quality plate kit, and if there may be a vendor that would like to tackle my remaining parts order?

Thanks everyone.
    Before I joined this forum I made my truck breathe right.

I used DPFdeleteshop.com and the plates are very nice and thick.

It says they are made in the USA.

I haven't had any problems with leaks or any other issues.

Also installed isspro pyrometer with no problems.

The rear plate fit the pyrometer perfectly

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Thanks badbajawa thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, badbajawa liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Welp for my first anniversary on this fine website.

I'll be rebuilding a trans again.

I own a second trans now, which I had to buy from a ram dealer on vacation last week, so I get to take my time, at least this time.

I'll do the converter pump and valve body this time as it looks like the pump finally did fail.

I'm not upset with it or anything for a $1k rebuild.

I got 33k miles out of it, and I just got to pay for it on the backend to have a "spare" trans.

Side note this is a friendly reminder for all of us with an MM3; just because setting two is labeled tow does not mean that you should tow your 20k trailer in that setting...

Yeah, I forgot that part where Ray said to ignore the words.

It towed excellent great power, I will say.

I did go ahead and order a retune for an arorua plus 6000 kit and a revmax 850 tune since that's basically what I'll have put together this time.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

8. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Where in WA are you at?

I mostly grew up and went to high school in the Lake Stevens area but moved to Bellingham/Blaine about 5-6 years ago.

Growing up, I raced dirtbikes, quads, and a midget car all over the state and west coast.

A massive group of us that ran together spent most long weekends at the dunes in warmer months and saw you have a nice big toy hauler, and I'm assuming you have quads or SxS or something like that, so just wondering if I might know you or know some of the same people possibly.

2011 3500 SRW Laramie 4×4, 68RFE with billet valvebody. 6.7HO with S&B intake, 5" exhaust, ARP headstuds, Industrial Injection R1 injectors, Fass 165, RaceMe Ultra tuned by DRD, Bilstein shocks, reverse leveled on 285/65/18 Nitto G2s and Raceline wheels, traction bars, B&W gooseneck hitch, Kicker audio, Morimoto and GTR lighting, Uniden R7.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

My parents grew up in Lake Stevens, but I grew up in Cle Elum out towards Ellensburg.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, BrentM liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789