Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  107
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

1. Top Of Page | #31

Re: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

Haven't read through the thread really.

Would the Revmax thermo bypass help with your temps?

I have 37s, regeared to 4.10s a while ago and never had tranny issues.

My trans is consistently in the 130s with the bypass valve (empty).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Threw the ATS version at it before doing more research. Wasn't overly impressed with the design but it is still a free flow design and yes I typically see 130 empty everywhere. At idle it will warm up to 180 (which I actually like as I know the moisture will be cooked off) then once I get moving it cools back down to 130s range. I loaded up a skid steer on a heavy trailer probably about 9-10k lbs and the truck had idled to about 180 then I got on the freeway in a construction zone for about a mile by the time I left that and got up to speed it was sitting about 204 I drove about 10 miles down the road and it came down to about 198 and then went right back up there again at a small 2 mile grade. I turned around at the top and drove down hill and back the 10 miles into town and only got down to 193. It seems like it wants to live there when towing but I haven't taken off and setup for a good haul yet. Have a slight feeling I may end up wishing I had replaced the torque converter but I didn't feel like buying that twice so I didn't.

My dad is currently driving his brand new 2020 back from Wyoming to Washington (because that's where is was) so we'll see if I decide I have to have one next. One trip (even with a blowing up trans) was enough to make him decide he needed to trade the 2500 in on a 3500 so he could get the same thuren setup I have.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Oh and no I didn't rebuild the trans on that nasty plywood bench just didn't feel like getting my clean space dirty. I did however drop all of the planetaries on my cellphone while moving to the clean bench and destroyed it so that was great LOL.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. Sort feel the temps you are seeing are a bit high. What was the air temp? The cooling system should be able to keep trans temp no more than +100 above ambient.

I towed about the same load that you described last weekend and was trans temp checked in at 150-170, with an air temp of about 70.

sucks about the phone, but glad you got the trans sorted.

2018 srw 3500

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

About 65 degrees which is what the concern of a potentially plugged cooler comes from.

Line pressure appears to be all good so I don't feel like it's internal related.

Pump looked great still.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    About 65 degrees which is what the concern of a potentially plugged cooler comes from.

Line pressure appears to be all good so I don't feel like it's internal related.

Pump looked great still.

When it gets to 180 at idle is this in park or in drive?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Park.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

Did you replace the cooler bypass valve?

Edit saw you used the ats bypass. Did you install the tcc limit valve in the t go shift kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Hmm not sure which one the TCC is.

I replaced the 2 in the pump that came with the shift kit.

17. Top Of Page | #40
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    Hmm not sure which one the TCC is.

I replaced the 2 in the pump that came with the shift kit.

It’s in the kit.

It usually does a good job of sealing worn tcc limit valve bores.

If the limit valve bore is excessively worn it will still lose cooler flow even with the tgo valve.

Only way to check valve wear is to vacuum check them. Coolers don’t really get plugged on these truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast