Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  107
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Upgrade Parts Recommendation

Yeah not really excited about the price hit but I also made a conscious decision about all this stuff when I threw the 37s on 2 years ago (50k miles) I've got 109k overall.

I had kind of figured there would be some upgrades needed to support deletes properly and the plan was to delete at the second EGR cleaning just didn't quite make it there.

I wish I had a reputable trans shop near me to do the rebuild id drop it off and pick it up and be done with that part.

I feel like I'm going to end up with one of the Revmax units at some point but if I can rebuild and add trans tuning and gears for the next year or maybe two I'd be pretty happy.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get it all back together without spending 10k in one shot as that's going to make things pretty tight for a bit.

The things we do for big tires LOL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

2. Likes watersupply189, BrentM liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    Yeah not really excited about the price hit but I also made a conscious decision about all this stuff when I threw the 37s on 2 years ago (50k miles) I've got 109k overall.

I had kind of figured there would be some upgrades needed to support deletes properly and the plan was to delete at the second EGR cleaning just didn't quite make it there.

I wish I had a reputable trans shop near me to do the rebuild id drop it off and pick it up and be done with that part.

I feel like I'm going to end up with one of the Revmax units at some point but if I can rebuild and add trans tuning and gears for the next year or maybe two I'd be pretty happy.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get it all back together without spending 10k in one shot as that's going to make things pretty tight for a bit.

The things we do for big tires LOL.

Where are you located?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Washington State.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Next gen diesel is at least on the same coast, but way south.

They offer a cherry bomb if you are looking to do it yourself.

2018 srw 3500

8. Likes watersupply189, badbajawa liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

ATS is somewhat close but they come off as a total joke to me as a company after the bit of research I've done.

I had good contact with DRD and they gave me a contact over at Revmax.

I had a pretty long technical conversation with them I like some of the innovation they have come up with in the 68RFE so I think I've come up with a plan.

I think I'm going to refresh the clutches with the revmax rebuild kit for now, looks like that's roughly 1k.

The plan will be to save some cash up for the next year or so and order up a Revmax 700 series trans to go in it as it starts to fail again.

In the meantime I'll go ahead and knock out a gear swap, get tuning and maybe have a few parts fall off on the next trip to Mexico.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

10. Likes watersupply189, Crshanta liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

ATS is somewhat close but they come off as a total joke to me as a company after the bit of research I've done.

I had good contact with DRD and they gave me a contact over at Revmax.

I had a pretty long technical conversation with them I like some of the innovation they have come up with in the 68RFE so I think I've come up with a plan.

I think I'm going to refresh the clutches with the revmax rebuild kit for now, looks like that's roughly 1k.

The plan will be to save some cash up for the next year or so and order up a Revmax 700 series trans to go in it as it starts to fail again.

In the meantime I'll go ahead and knock out a gear swap, get tuning and maybe have a few parts fall off on the next trip to Mexico.

I haven’t run revmax yet but they will be my brand of choice when the time comes.

Probably a long shot with them having an authorized dealer/installer out your way.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, badbajawa liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Do we have any supporting vendors to this site that sell Ring and pinion sets as well as bearing and seal kits?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Do we have any supporting vendors to this site that sell Ring and pinion sets as well as bearing and seal kits?

@DDP

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Thanks badbajawa thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, badbajawa liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Here is my wish list.

Just switch 456 to your desired size.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 srw 3500

18. Thanks badbajawa thanked for this post
    Likes badbajawa, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    Here is my wish list.

Just switch 456 to your desired size.
    Who's that quote through?

I'm after 4.56 as well as I'm running 38s currently.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast