Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Common Failures on the 5.9L

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Common Failures on the 5.9L

Re: http://www.cumminshub.com/cummins-diesel-problems.html

So, I bought my 2006 5.9 back in February. I know all vehicles have their own issues. So, I came across the article above and wanted to get some more opinions on it. As far as I know there are no modifications under the hood, except a new intake. Should I seriously consider getting an aftermarket exhaust manifold? For reference, the truck has 291k miles.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Common Failures on the 5.9L

Bought mine new and no issues yet.

I do recommend using 2 stroke oil each fill up.

Still on the original lift pump, but watching the pressure for 1st sign of low pressure and a inline pump is going on.

Just proper maintenance and good fuel is needed.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks kdstew3 thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post