Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: P20E8 Code - Limp Mode Nearing

1. Top Of Page | #1

P20E8 Code - Limp Mode Nearing

Hey guys. I have a 2015 6.7. Got the P20E8 code.

Tried two OBDII readers to reset and it does nothing to the limp mode timer.

I looked at the DEF pressure and it was about .5 psi, from what I can tell it should be around 50.

I am not 100% that I am looking at the right point.

This brings me to the decision of deleting or buying the 1200.00 pump.

If I replace the pump with limp mode go away once the pressure is up?

I am sure that the stealer has a way to clear limp mode, but I can’t figure it out.

Pretty new here and I am aware that the EPA is cracking down on tuners.

If I do delete, What are my best options to look intact?

Thanks all all for the help.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

You could hope that it's just a pressure sensor or the injector.

If it got to limp mode, I do think that might have to be taken care of at the dealer or a service shop.

Beyond factory warranty I'd probably give it the home remedy.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Attached is information on your code.

Looks like several other things besides the pump assembly can throw this code.

No pump pressure given but apparently they measure the amount of DEF by running the pump for 6 minutes looking for more than 85 ml to check for injector and supply tube restrictions.

P20E8.pdf

Hope this helps you figure out what is going on.

In the long run if you are going to keep the vehicle deletion will probably be the most cost effective.

However you also need to consider your State and local emissions testing and inspection policies.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    That’s great info. Thanks for the response and PDF. There is some good troubleshooting info there.
    Wish I had a computer that was capable of running the test.
    I am going to take the injector out tonight and see what it looks like.

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: P20E8 Code - Limp Mode Nearing

Quote Originally Posted by Joecameron View Post
    That’s great info. Thanks for the response and PDF. There is some good troubleshooting info there.
    Wish I had a computer that was capable of running the test.
    I am going to take the injector out tonight and see what it looks like.
    Just to let you know Incase you are interested the Alfaobd software does list it will allow you to actuate the DEF reductant dose pump override test.

I can’t verify it works as my pump is removed.

If you have a Windows laptop or Android device the software is $56 and the ODB LinkMX+ Bluetooth adapter $100. See links for more information.

https://alfaobd.com/

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6..._ujPwFb68VNCM8

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.