Thanks Thanks:  65
Likes Likes:  155
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Talk

1. Top Of Page | #81
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Talk

Yeah, drivability with the s467 on stock fuel depends on the driver; some say it’s perfect, some say it’s terrible.

I’ve driven one with stock fuel on 35’s, and it left a lot to desire.

That 366 tops out a what 650hp?

Why not try a modded VGT?

Fleece is claiming 700hp. I’d figure real-world 650 with fuel added.

Coming from 5.9s without doing much research, I put an S464 on my 6.7, thinking it would be the same roundabout power as the 5.9s.

It was good for towing and ran well down low but ran out of steam in upper RPMs.

I'm in the process of changing my set up again from an S467/87/1.10 to an s467/83/1.0 due to pretty bad fuel and turbo failure (not related to each other) going to try to keep it a little milder on hp for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Yeah, drivability with the s467 on stock fuel depends on the driver; some say it’s perfect, some say it’s terrible.

I’ve driven one with stock fuel on 35’s, and it left a lot to desire.

That 366 tops out a what 650hp?

Why not try a modded VGT?

Fleece is claiming 700hp. I’d figure real-world 650 with fuel added.

Coming from 5.9s without doing much research, I put an S464 on my 6.7, thinking it would be the same roundabout power as the 5.9s.

It was good for towing and ran well down low but ran out of steam in upper RPMs.

I'm in the process of changing my set up again from an S467/87/1.10 to an s467/83/1.0 due to pretty bad fuel and turbo failure (not related to each other) going to try to keep it a little milder on hp for now.

Yea, 650hp is exactly what I'm looking for before getting in trouble with the bottom of the motor over 700hp.

Honestly, I want a 2nd gen swap because it looks and sounds cool, even if that's for all the wrong reasons.

I do run 33s, switching to 420v after these mud tires, but I have 3.42 and 68RFE, so kind of a wash - can't drive around the S467 really in that scenario.

Do you have sticks on your 467 ya?

The only saving grace on the 366 for me is that I could at least bump up to a 369 very easily if the 366 leaving me wanting more after I get nozzles.

I don't know anything about injectors, but I wasn't going to do anything more than 33% overs (no clue what that would be in the hp rating).

I'm really just trying to talk myself into a 300sxe being ok because I REALLY don't want a 464 at all.

550hp?

What a waste of money IMO.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Yea, 650hp is exactly what I'm looking for before getting in trouble with the bottom of the motor over 700hp.

Honestly, I want a 2nd gen swap because it looks and sounds cool, even if that's for all the wrong reasons.

I do run 33s, switching to 420v after these mud tires, but I have 3.42 and 68RFE, so kind of a wash - can't drive around the S467 really in that scenario.

Do you have sticks on your 467 ya?

The only saving grace on the 366 for me is that I could at least bump up to a 369 very easily if the 366 leaving me wanting more after I get nozzles.

I don't know anything about injectors, but I wasn't going to do anything more than 33% overs (no clue what that would be in the hp rating).

I'm really just trying to talk myself into a 300sxe being ok because I REALLY don't want a 464 at all.

550hp?

What a waste of money IMO.
    If you stay single turbo, you won’t have a problem with the bottom end only with compounds.

To get over 550hp, you are gonna need more fuel.

I prefer running bigger injectors with shorter-duration tunes.

It also allows you to expand when you realize you want more power.

One thing I tell my customers' 550-850hp costs are about the same.

It gets costly when you go 650hp then realize you really wanted 750hp.

The S366 is fine; I know it’s not gonna be a race truck.

No turbo on a diesel will do it all.

You either spool down low or make power up top, not both.

On my new setup, I’m running dual CP3’s and 100% nozzles on factory bodies.

I’m building a race truck to transfer my old 200% overs, and 12mm pump to that truck and keep this one milder this go-round.

6. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

If you stay single turbo, you won’t have a problem with the bottom end only with compounds.

To get over 550hp, you are gonna need more fuel.

I prefer running bigger injectors with shorter-duration tunes.

It also allows you to expand when you realize you want more power.

One thing I tell my customers' 550-850hp costs are about the same.

It gets costly when you go 650hp then realize you really wanted 750hp.

The S366 is fine; I know it’s not gonna be a race truck.

No turbo on a diesel will do it all.

You either spool down low or make power up top, not both.

On my new setup, I’m running dual CP3’s and 100% nozzles on factory bodies.

I’m building a race truck to transfer my old 200% overs, and 12mm pump to that truck and keep this one milder this go-round.

For sure, all good info, and 10:4 on the fuel for 550+, I want it to be an option.

This is my daily (every day, all year), so 99.9% to play on the street.

It may make its way to the track once to see what happens, but that's about it.

As long as EGTs aren't scorching, I think I'll be happy, and I'll have the right manifold at the very least.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger soon here; thanks again.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

(Like anyone cares)

My truck build turned into buying a boat instead, so I'll be back in like 2 years for some go-fast parts, ope!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

(Like anyone cares)

My truck build turned into buying a boat instead, so I'll be back in like 2 years for some go-fast parts, ope!
    Probably a wiser choice for sure.

I wish I had time for a boat. I was on the fence about buying a boat or building a race truck.

Race truck won LOL.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

Probably a wiser choice for sure.

I wish I had time for a boat. I was on the fence about buying a boat or building a race truck.

Race truck won, LOL.

Both are fun.

The boat is more fun for the wife.

The build is probably back to: when the transmission goes, we'll start upgrading everything from the ground up.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Both are fun.

The boat is more fun for the wife.

The build is probably back to: when the transmission goes, we'll start upgrading everything from the ground up.
    Not a bad call to make the wife happy.

I’m still waiting for my parts so I can at least tell you how mine is going and if it’s worth it or not, LOL.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

B.O.A.T.

Bust Out Another Thousand

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    B.O.A.T.

Bust Out Another Thousand
    That is correct, sir.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast