Thanks Thanks:  65
Likes Likes:  155
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Talk

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Talk

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    Well, I finally got it out those Torque converter bolts.

They are a pain in the rear not to mention doing it by myself in the driveway.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...fd7e169daa.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5f3a98ce7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Well finally got it!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

Any more insight on this setup?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all 8 pages of this thread.

I don't want to take it off-topic, but since I saw the mention of an S369sxe, I had to drop in.

I currently am running the S369sxe as a single on a 3rd Gen manifold with some bbi 1.5 injectors, and it spools great for me above 1700 rpm.

I really like my S369sxe, and I don't push it hard.

I was thinking about going with compound turbos to do some towing and still have low EGTs and get the off idle boost that my ole stock unit did.

Here is a really off question - what is the fastest spooling compound setup that would wow the heck out of me and makes some power close to 700?

I was thinking maybe my S362sxe with an S476sxe?

I think this combo would work.

If I went this route, I wonder if the S476sxe should keep the 1.32 housing or 1.10?

I don't know squat about compounds, so I'm trying to learn from looking at others' setups and experiences at my sea level here in NC.

Thanks for any input/suggestions!

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moparriggan View Post
    Hey guys, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all 8 pages of this thread.

I don't want to take it off-topic, but since I saw the mention of an S369sxe, I had to drop in.

I currently am running the S369sxe as a single on a 3rd gen manifold with some bbi 1.5 injectors, and it spools great for me above 1700 rpm.

I really like my S369sxe, and I don't push it hard.

I was thinking about going with compound turbos to do some towing and still have low EGTs and get the off idle boost that my ole stock unit did.

Here is a really off question - what is the fastest spooling compound setup that would wow the heck out of me and makes some power close to 700?

I was thinking maybe my S362sxe with an S476sxe?

I think this combo would work.

If I went this route, I wonder if the S476sxe should keep the 1.32 housing or 1.10?

I don't know squat about compounds, so I'm trying to learn from looking at others' setups and experiences at my sea level here in NC.

Thanks for any input/suggestions!
    Ray might have some good insight on this from what he's tuned @DRD

I'm back on the hunt for a 2nd Gen swap and back to considering an S300sxe.

We'll see if I actually buy one this time.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Ray suggested I get an S366sxe/1.0AR.

Good for 650hp with mild fuel and hopefully drive-able in the meantime on stock fuel.

2nd Gen swap question: Is it possible to go to compounds on a 2nd gen steed speed manifold?

As I look around at different options, most add a turbo over stock options are 3rd Gen or use stock 4th Gen manifold, but what about 2 fixed vein?

I don think I could use the 366 on compounds anyway, but I'm curious if the manifold will be useable if I go that route down the road.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #76
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Ray suggested I get an S366sxe/1.0AR.

Good for 650hp with mild fuel and hopefully drive-able in the meantime on stock fuel.

2nd Gen swap question: Is it possible to go to compounds on a 2nd gen steed speed manifold?

As I look around at different options, most add a turbo over stock options are 3rd Gen or use stock 4th Gen manifold, but what about 2 fixed vein?

I don think I could use the 366 on compounds anyway, but I'm curious if the manifold will be useable if I go that route down the road.
    Fire Punk makes a compound piping kit for the 2nd Gen angled manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Fire Punk makes a compound piping kit for the 2nd Gen angled manifold.

Alright perfect.

Keep the options open then down the road.

Not all that interested in the 3rd Gen manifold as is.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

I thought I'd settled on the 366sxe/1.0 per Rays recommendation, but I'm second-guessing now.

It doesn't take much looking to find a lot of hate for 300 frame chargers on the 6.7, but I'm more inclined to trust Ray since he's the one tuning it.

Any personal experiences on here? I see some people love them for spool, and others don't think they can last, others that have perfect 1:1 drive pressure, others that have fine EGTs, some say bad EGTS.

This has to be drivable on stock fuel for a while, and I think many of the negatives I've been seeing have been for traditional 300 frames, not SXE, which should be much better.

Sure would be a lot easier if I could use the same piping for a 300 and switch to a 400 if I didn't like it, but WC Fab said the kits are completely different and would need all new piping to go to a 400 from 300 if I so choose down the road - at least I would have the manifold though.

For $4k, I want to make a good decision!

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #79
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Go with S400; you won’t regret it.

S464 if you have no plans for future fuel. S467 if you are gonna throw fuel at it.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Go with S400; you won’t regret it.

S464 if you have no plans for future fuel. S467 if you are gonna throw fuel at it.

Before talking to Ray, I was dead set on a 467, but I'm just not sure it'll be all that drive-able on stock fuel.

I may do some mild fuel down the road after a built trans, but this will be on stock fuel for the foreseeable future.

The S464 really doesn't float my boat from what I've read through, either.

Limited on power so much, I feel like I would stay on the stock VGT if I went that route.

The 366sxe seems like it would spool better anyways, with more potential on mild fuel at 600+hp.

If the 467 could drive on stock for (years) and then take the fuel, that would be the best of both worlds but seems overkill for stock fuel application in the meantime.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast