Thanks Thanks:  65
Likes Likes:  155
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Talk

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Talk

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Keep in mind that max number is at about 2300 rpm which isn’t too high relatively speaking. Some larger chargers you need to be closer to 3k for power.

I’d be curious to see the whole curve and what power is 1500-1900.

Most of these setups will light like a rocket stabbing the throttle.

For the 300 size im going with the iron horn kit Which is the 3rd gen manifold and keeps factory air box, down pipe, lines etc. size 300sxe- 64.5/80/.91 divided.

Ray confirmed once I added fuel I’ll be able to make 600+ at wheels.

The charger is T4 flange so if I get a winning lottery ticket I can buy a second gen manifold and use that as primary charger for compounds.
    That sounds like a very good plan. Good luck, boss.

I haven't looked at S3xx very hard but I don't really get why a 366 is cheaper than the 364.5... on WC Fab at least. Less desirable size apparently? Bigger always seems more expensive.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

On a side note, I really appreciate you two pounding this thread and putting your .02 cents in.
    @TexNeck @Chrisn162001

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

3. Likes watersupply189, Chrisn162001 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Turbo Talk

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Keep in mind that max number is at about 2300 rpm which isn’t too high relatively speaking. Some larger chargers you need to be closer to 3k for power.

I’d be curious to see the whole curve and what power is 1500-1900.

Most of these setups will light like a rocket stabbing the throttle.

For the 300 size im going with the iron horn kit Which is the 3rd gen manifold and keeps factory air box, down pipe, lines etc. size 300sxe- 64.5/80/.91 divided.

Ray confirmed once I added fuel I’ll be able to make 600+ at wheels.

The charger is T4 flange so if I get a winning lottery ticket I can buy a second gen manifold and use that as primary charger for compounds.
    Mine has good street manners spools relatively fast tows 15k lbs regularly and doesn’t smoke out my cows when I’m hauling cattle LOL.

I really don’t think you’ll see much at 1500-1900 rpms though. I’ll have to look dyno files later. I think my runs recorded 2k and up.

My thoughts are you spend money on 3rd gen turbo then get injectors a CP3, engine support mods, trans etc to make 650, When a s400 frame 2nd gen swap gets you more hp and better longevity, lower egts in most cases I’ve seen and can be had for about a grand over price of the third gen swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Collin42 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    That sounds like a very good plan. Good luck, boss.

I haven't looked at S3xx very hard but I don't really get why a 366 is cheaper than the 364.5... on WC Fab at least. Less desirable size apparently? Bigger always seems more expensive.
    More than likely the 364.5 listed is the SXE housing and the 366 is the standard housing.

This is like seeing 2 identical sports car at a car lot for sale but one has the race package and is $10k more. The SXE is a superior cover also known as a race cover. This means the smaller turbo will flow just as good or better than the larger standard ones. If memory serves me right the 364.5 flows better than the 366. This means you get quicker spool than 366 but don’t lose too end flow like you normally would.

I agree with @Chrisn162001 as far as how/when to setup things

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Are the numbering of S464 and S465 used interchangeably by a lot of companies?

I'm seeing of S464/83/.90 commonly but not many listed as S465 unless I go straight to Borg Warner.

S463 seems decisively different and smaller. Or is a 463 and 464 very similar?

9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

I must be out to pasture all alone I have the stainless diesel 2nd Gen. Kit with the S465 tuned by ray I love it.But It does not start to light until 1900 rpm and I can leave a cloud and not see the car behind me on stock fuel.i am at about 8500' in elevation And running easily 1050 E G T's all day long not towing I have to be very careful.Ray has me talked into twins but not quite sure what the 2nd turbo should be.I have heard lots of people say that there egts are way better I can't help but to wonder if I have something wrong with my truck. Wy wife is at her limit with my truck
    Man it has great power but I can't use it due to my EGTS.
    And I know Ray is like I beaten a dead horse here so just saving some money for my twins..Anyway just curious if anyone here has had any similar experience on this topic..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

O I almost forgot I started with the 90 ar housing and I over sped it in just 20 minutes and went to the 100 and have put just under 10k miles on it so far dropped from 37s to 35 inch tires and it did help i little. On egts

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Are the numbering of S464 and S465 used interchangeably by a lot of companies?

I'm seeing of S464/83/.90 commonly but not many listed as S465 unless I go straight to Borg Warner.

S463 seems decisively different and smaller. Or is a 463 and 464 very similar?
    In short yes they could be the same but could be advertised differently from vendor to vendor. From what I’ve notice the chargers that have the larger exhaust turbine and a/r go up a size and the smaller relatively speaking go down.

463 vs 464 are similar relatively speaking but will drive a bit different depending on tuning.

there are minor changes with all these chargers between changing the AR size or wheels and each change effects drive ability and performance someway

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I must be out to pasture all alone I have the stainless diesel 2nd Gen. Kit with the S465 tuned by ray I love it.But It does not start to light until 1900 rpm and I can leave a cloud and not see the car behind me on stock fuel.i am at about 8500' in elevation And running easily 1050 E G T's all day long not towing I have to be very careful.Ray has me talked into twins but not quite sure what the 2nd turbo should be.I have heard lots of people say that there egts are way better I can't help but to wonder if I have something wrong with my truck. Wy wife is at her limit with my truck
    Man it has great power but I can't use it due to my EGTS.
    And I know Ray is like I beaten a dead horse here so just saving some money for my twins..Anyway just curious if anyone here has had any similar experience on this topic..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3058209ba2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a58f5f3437.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d5ed91e5d4.jpg

Are you wanting to be at a specific power goal and tow? For your primary charger i am assuming you would drop down a bit in size from where you are. You are dumping a lot of fuel to keep that turbine going down low if it doesn’t light until 1900Rpm. Ideally For a daily you’d Want to be building by 1600-1700 at the latest. 1400-1500 in a more perfect world.
    The elevation doesn’t help you with the thin air.

Id you aren’t set on a power goal you could go with a smaller 364.5 or even 369 single and be in the 600hp club with fuel mods and way better street manners.

Over spun as in blew the charger up or had surging?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Over speed the shaft bearings impeller started to rub the Compressor housing/

The power seems to be great right now especially if I could use all of it and control my EGT's.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast