Likes Likes:  155
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Talk

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Talk

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Appreciate those ideas a lot.

I'm definitely going 2nd gen swap for "cool factor".

I had pretty much written off compounds, but I actually really like the idea of getting the smaller charger to start, that I can eventually just use in a compound setup so I don't have to buy 3 turbos.

I will definitely have to get with Ray @DRD to see what he thinks tuning wise about the bigger 467 on it's own.

With 3.42 gears, smoking up a storm under 1800rpm is kind of a non-starter with how much I drive around town. Even keeping the gears locked out to 3rd and 4th at low speeds I'm usually around 1500rpm.
    Sure thing. Most if your cost will be upfront with the second gen swap kit. When you mount your manifold just mount it in the up position. So you have space for adding your other charger.

i could be off a bit on the smoke/rpm- I bet ray would have a creative way to create shifts around smoke a bit but at about 1500 that charger won’t be ready to light at all.

keep us posted. As always if you need pricing on things when the time comes let me know if you need pricing

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    What kind of tuning/who wrote your files?
    Drd tuned the s465 setup. Got the truck dyno tunned by firepunk on the s467.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Sure thing. Most if your cost will be upfront with the second gen swap kit. When you mount your manifold just mount it in the up position. So you have space for adding your other charger.

i could be off a bit on the smoke/rpm- I bet ray would have a creative way to create shifts around smoke a bit but at about 1500 that charger won’t be ready to light at all.

keep us posted. As always if you need pricing on things when the time comes let me know if you need pricing
    Noted.

I guess I just wasn't quite sure how far low boost fueling and tuning could go to make the 467.7 daily drive-able.

It really doesn't seem to be marketed as a "hot-rod only" sized turbo.

Compounds might just be the way to go for drive-ability and power. - Even with my lack of towing.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post

good info thanks!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

That's good to know.

Maybe Ray was staying on the safe side of power for reliability/drive-ability/fuel restrictions?

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I appreciate the reply.

I'm well aware the trans is going to be a big bill, but I will ending up getting a built one eventually either way when stock goes, so it's a wash there.

I believe you about 500hp on stock VGT, but 550hp on a S465 seems wildly low.

I'm almost positive you can get well over 600hp on a S465.

Either way, I'm more curious if I can live with a S467.7 on stock fuel for a while, before upgrading fuel - Even if it does not get to 700hp immediately.

I actually don't care if I make exactly 700hp ever, but I don't want to be limited by a smaller turbo if I do want to turn it up down the line and slowly upgrade as stock parts, like injectors, go bad.

Would be a no-brainer in my mind to go to bigger injectors when that time comes if I hadn't had to upgrade them beforehand.

Also thanks on the WC Fab housing tip. I was just going off of what is available in their drop down menu.
    Idk man I’ve seen quite a few on the dyno never seen above 580hp. I’ve heard people claim more on a s465 on a 6.7L but they have no proof of course.

I’m just going off of my personal results and multiple trucks I’ve built. Most 6.7 I’ve built with s465 customer comes back wanting more power and end up being happy with the s467.7

I don’t like the s300 frame turbos for the reason they don’t last long in setups that get driven hard. Once again just my experience I’m sure others will say different.

9. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

That's good to know.

Maybe Ray was staying on the safe side of power for reliability/drive-ability/fuel restrictions?
    Everyone I talked to including Ray said the s465 runs out of air long before fuel becomes an issue.

I originally saw people claiming bigger numbers with the s465 so I went with it. Quickly found out it’s limitations in the 6.7 application.

11. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Idk man I’ve seen quite a few on the dyno never seen above 580hp. I’ve heard people claim more on a s465 on a 6.7L but they have no proof of course.

I’m just going off of my personal results and multiple trucks I’ve built. Most 6.7 I’ve built with s465 customer comes back wanting more power and end up being happy with the s467.7

I don’t like the s300 frame turbos for the reason they don’t last long in setups that get driven hard. Once again just my experience I’m sure others will say different.

Hey I'll take real world experience all day long.

I'm sure when these sellers put their numbers and graphs together for marketing, they use the absolute top numbers under perfect conditions and supporting mods.

Sounds like you've built some fun trucks for sure.

13. Likes Chrisn162001 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Yeah sadly it seems companies want to sell you what’s on the self and you always hear it’s gonna do everything you want it to do and more. Then you talk to your tunner and get the real story LOL.

Fleece claims if you want to stay sub 700hp go with their s463. You will definitely be sub 700hp so they aren’t making false claims LOL.

I like the s463 on 5.9s had one that made close to 700hp but just not a fan of them for the 6.7s

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Yeah sadly it seems companies want to sell you what’s on the self and you always hear it’s gonna do everything you want it to do and more. Then you talk to your tunner and get the real story LOL.

Fleece claims if you want to stay sub 700hp go with their s463. You will definitely be sub 700hp so they aren’t making false claims LOL.

I like the s463 on 5.9s had one that made close to 700hp but just not a fan of them for the 6.7s

I've heard the same about S3xx on 6.7s.

I think I'm nudging in the direction of compounds now possibly.

A big single just seemed so much simpler.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast