Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Finally Doing the Deletes on my 2007.5 in 2020

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Finally Doing the Deletes on my 2007.5 in 2020

Ok, I finally moved to a state where I won't get my emissions tests, so I have decided to do the EGR and DPF deletes on my 2007.5 Mega Cab.

My brother-in-law and I will knock this out as soon as we get all the parts. Since I haven't been in the mindset of doing this in many years, I have been out of the know on what parts to get.

So, this weekend, I jumped on the internet and have been a bit confused as a lot of info seems "old".

My main goal is to do the deletes to eliminate the inherent problems with those. Not really much other reason.

As for tuners, I’ve read somewhere recently that H&S is not supporting their Mini-Max tuners any more.

The people discussing it were saying that if something were to go wrong during the reflash, that you may be up the creek without a paddle…and truck.

Have you heard this?

I guess the other two options are the RaceMe Tuners and the EFILive.

Any other ones? Thoughts? (Again, not looking to mess with more than making sure the truck knows it has the parts removed.)

As for exhaust, I am planning on doing the delete pipe from the turbo back.

I have a Mega Cab and the pipes I have seen on line talk about Crew Cab.

From what I remember the 2007 2500s had a Regular Cab, Quad Cab, and Mega Cab.

Not sure if the above pipe will work with my truck or not. I'm open to people showing me which one will work.

I've read through the forums and have gotten some good tips on the deletes, so thanks to those who posted them!

But anything else you want to throw my way, would be appreciated.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Finally Doing the Deletes on my 2007.5 in 2020

You won't get much support here without becoming a Lifetime Platinum member.

As far as exhaust goes, turbo backs usually come with an extra section of straight pipe for MegaCabs that you just don't use for Crew cabs.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Finally Doing the Deletes on my 2007.5 in 2020

Welcome!!

So far you are on the right track.

H&S tuners are out there and will work well for your application but not having any direct support can be an issue.

As for the exhaust, if you're replacing the entire exhaust you want to make sure you get one specifically for a mega cab or that says it fits the quad and mega.

You don't want to come up short.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post