Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Used Pricing Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

Used Pricing Questions

Afternoon everyone!

So I’ve actually been in the market for a 4th gen 2500 for a while now (since March) and I’m in no rush hence why it’s taking so long to pull the trigger LOL.

Anyway, when I first started looking around March-May time frame I was finding 2016-2018 big horn trim levels for 38-42k amd Laramie trim levels from 40-48k on average. Of course I didn’t come across any I liked at the time so fast forward to this month and my wife and I just bought our 1st child into our lives and now I’m a little more inclined to find a decent 16-18 2500 crew cab as I currently drive a wrangler with no AC in the back seats, no go for kids.

Now I’m finding that the same search criteria is resulting in much higher pricing and I’m just curious if there’s some sort of reasoning behind such a jump? Big horn trims are 47-53k now and Laramie, everything is over 50k some even over 60!! Insane when some 5th gen trims are going for that brand new.... is there just not much inventory on 4th gens that causes such a price inflation from March-now? Maybe the economy being The way it is everything is overvalued? Or am I just thinking too much about it and accept that there’s no rhyme or reason for the price jump.

I mainly ask because I can wait another 1-2 months of pricing may decline towards end of year, but I definitely want to pick something up before December rolls around. I understand this is a somewhat irrelevant question in a way but I figured why not get some opinions on the matter because I’m dying to get my first Cummins truck!

Thanks in advance everyone, and god bless!

2. Likes AK Bob, 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Used Pricing Questions

Used anything right now are crazy high.

I think it's mainly due to the Election Infection, and the economy.

Trucks, cars, utv, boats, you name it.

For instance honda manufacturing shut down for awhile.

And new utv models sold out, used were hard to find, and when you did see a used one, it was bringing new price.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Used anything right now are crazy high.

I think it's mainly due to the Election Infection, and the economy.

Trucks, cars, utv, boats, you name it.

For instance honda manufacturing shut down for awhile.

And new utv models sold out, used were hard to find, and when you did see a used one, it was bringing new price.

Agree, it's just the times.

Inventory on everything is completely gone with the pandemic.

I boat shopped all summer and it was slim pickings and big $$$ when I did find something, so decided to wait until next summer.

Wait if you can. Otherwise you're just going to have to suck it up and pay.

I'd say go find a 5.9 but I've even seen some '06 trucks going for 20-30k with tons of miles lately.

Or just buy new and take advantage of some of the deals.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Agreed to buy new if you can.

I looked up these 2 rebels as a quick example.

My son has been looking at half tons.

So one is 2019 with 25k miles.

One is a brand new 2020.

For $5k I'd go with the brand new one.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.