Likes Likes:  43
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Most Important Things For Your Truck

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: This Most Important Things For Your Truck

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    So I could not find a thread like this.

I wanted to make a thread for ALL Members to view.

So my hope is to get a thread going from you all on in "your" opinion what are some of the aftermarket parts that are a must to you.

Products that are not just for looks.

Products that help and effect the engine, drivetrain, shafts, brakes, comfort or safety and towing items that are a must.

I'm not wanting this thread to turn into a look what I got and all exterior appearance pictures.

There are many people on here that could benefit from a big list of what other members think is a must, then we can all do some research.

Remember this is what you think.

I know you guys are good folks but please do not start a brand war, Respect everyone's thoughts.

Thank you let's get this going.

First off, Good maintenance, Oils change them per your environment and usage per manual. Don't forget to pop the hood and check fluids weekly. Filters change them as needed or per manual.
    Keep a extra fuel and air filter in truck as a minimum .

Better fuel filtering there are a ton of options. I will add more when i have more time
    1: So if you're like me and do a good bit of off-road driving (like oilfield or just lease and country road) then the balljoints on these trucks are going to give you issues. I upgraded to the Carli Suspension Balljoints and they're great. Not sexy but important.

2: Fuel filtration is a big one. I went with a Black Market Performance OEM filter delete and it has some real filtration on it now. Big 'ole cat filters like these motors deserve. My truck starts up at about 4:00 am and doesn't turn off till late at night. You can't go by the mileage in my case to change fuel filters because of all the idle time. I had low fuel rail pressure codes twice and had to upgrade the filtration system. Huge

3. When you get the nerve and the funds. Just delete and tune it. These trucks are a ticking time bomb with all that garbage under the hood and on the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Early First Filter/Fluid Changes With Better Filters/Fluids
    1. Amsoil EAO-80 Oil Filter
    2. Amsoil Signature Series or Hot Shot's Secret Blue Diamond Oil
    3. Hot Shot's Secret LX4 Fuel Treatment
    4. Hot Shot's Secret Winter Fuel Treatment(Depending On Your Location)
    5. Mopar/Amsoil Auto Trans Fluid
    6. Amsoil/Hot Shot's Secret Differential Fluids
    7. Mopar/Amosil Transfer Case Fluid
    8. Change CCV Filter Every 25k-40k Miles
    9. Buy Fuel From High Volume Fuel Houses

Bolt On List
    1. ARP Head Studs
    2. South Bend or Valair Clutch IF Manual
    3. Better Fuel Pump(Factory Struggles To Maintain Needed Pressure Even On Stock Application)
    4. Synergy Drag Link

ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL LIST
    1. Window Tint
    2. Leveling Kit
    3. Weathertech Floor Liners
    4. 35's
    5. Let the truck come to idle temps before shutting off
    6. Noco Trickle Chargers If Truck Sits Over 1 Week At A Time
    7. Leer/ARE Matching Camper Cover

Insert Labrador Retriever, significant other and enjoy!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Early First Filter/Fluid Changes With Better Filters/Fluids
    1. Amsoil EAO-80 Oil Filter
    2. Amsoil Signature Series or Hot Shot's Secret Blue Diamond Oil
    3. Hot Shot's Secret LX4 Fuel Treatment
    4. Hot Shot's Secret Winter Fuel Treatment(Depending On Your Location)
    5. Mopar/Amsoil Auto Trans Fluid
    6. Amsoil/Hot Shot's Secret Differential Fluids
    7. Mopar/Amosil Transfer Case Fluid
    8. Change CCV Filter Every 25k-40k Miles
    9. Buy Fuel From High Volume Fuel Houses

Bolt On List
    1. ARP Head Studs
    2. South Bend or Valair Clutch IF Manual
    3. Better Fuel Pump(Factory Struggles To Maintain Needed Pressure Even On Stock Application)
    4. Synergy Drag Link

ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL LIST
    1. Window Tint
    2. Leveling Kit
    3. Weathertech Floor Liners
    4. 35's
    5. Let the truck come to idle temps before shutting off
    6. Noco Trickle Chargers If Truck Sits Over 1 Week At A Time
    7. Leer/ARE Matching Camper Cover

Insert Labrador Retriever, significant other and enjoy!
    I’m not going to share my thoughts on amzoil LOL.

But the Mopar auto trans fluid on number 5 Change that to valvoline and your good.

Even at the dealership we have a tsb to use valvoline trans fluid for some transmission noise concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’ve got a good one for cold weather owners. I wouldn't consider it important but it’s cheap and easy to do.

I installed one of these on my truck as soon as I got it. Mine didn't have a block heater cord/plug so I ordered that and came across this item.

D6BF2C22-4924-4F86-98EA-39B9898F6A8D.jpg

i installed it in the plastic trim piece low on the passenger side front bumper, fits in there perfect. It’s a clean look and is a lot easier than fumbling around for the plug and having to clean it off. It comes with mounting screws but I made a backer plate out of 1/8” aluminum and used stainless bolts and locknuts to get a more solid mount since it’s always being pushed and pulled on.

Also for anyone who doesn’t know. All trucks have a block heater installed from the factory. If you dont have a plug all you need is the plug/cable that goes from the heater to your grill. That’s also a cheap and easy install.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

7. Likes 03 unicorn, AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

i could never figure out why your usa manufacturers dont put a block heater on your trucks ,,,like wtf ,,what if you come to canada where its a must in the winter do they think you wont travel ?? you pay big bucks for these trucks and ya dont have a block heater what a joke .....jmo
    Quote Originally Posted by mseitz24 View Post
    I’ve got a good one for cold weather owners. I wouldn't consider it important but it’s cheap and easy to do.

I installed one of these on my truck as soon as I got it. Mine didn't have a block heater cord/plug so I ordered that and came across this item.

D6BF2C22-4924-4F86-98EA-39B9898F6A8D.jpg

i installed it in the plastic trim piece low on the passenger side front bumper, fits in there perfect. It’s a clean look and is a lot easier than fumbling around for the plug and having to clean it off. It comes with mounting screws but I made a backer plate out of 1/8” aluminum and used stainless bolts and locknuts to get a more solid mount since it’s always being pushed and pulled on.

Also for anyone who doesn’t know. All trucks have a block heater installed from the factory. If you dont have a plug all you need is the plug/cable that goes from the heater to your grill. That’s also a cheap and easy install.

9. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    i could never figure out why your usa manufacturers dont put a block heater on your trucks ,,,like wtf ,,what if you come to canada where its a must in the winter do they think you wont travel ?? you pay big bucks for these trucks and ya dont have a block heater what a joke .....jmo
    Apparently they do now.

Please re-read the post.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I actually bought my (Block Heater Cord) through Genos Garage & installed the cord myself in about 15 min (During an Oil Change) while the filter was out of the way...
    Truthfully it was probably way cheaper me doing it - when compared to FCA installing it on the line - Like anything else Mopar - theirs is probably double the price.

Then I bought the Port Power Inlet Plug - that is shown above. (Installed in the thick plastic air dam below the bumper)
    Did this last fall - Hopefully I will never need the dang thing!

I enjoy Fall and the Snow - but I hate the brutal cold.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

13. Likes AK Bob, 03 unicorn liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Haha, I live in alberta Canada.

It gets cold here and I will be installing my webasto soon.

If shes not plugged in she wont ever start.

At least with the webasto I set the timer let it run for 15 min get in and shes warm at operating temp even in -40c.

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I actually bought my (Block Heater Cord) through Genos Garage & installed the cord myself in about 15 min (During an Oil Change) while the filter was out of the way...
    Truthfully it was probably way cheaper me doing it - when compared to FCA installing it on the line - Like anything else Mopar - theirs is probably double the price.

Then I bought the Port Power Inlet Plug - that is shown above. (Installed in the thick plastic air dam below the bumper)
    Did this last fall - Hopefully I will never need the dang thing!

I enjoy Fall and the Snow - but I hate the brutal cold.

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

15. Likes AK Bob, 03 unicorn liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I forgot to add tailgate drop assist from DeeZee!

Makes lowering tailgate a snap.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Likes Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

First thing I have done when I buy a new Ram is have the windows tinted to the legal maximum, Line-X sprayed-in bedliner installed, and Mopar splash guards installed.

Next is Mopar slush mats, Toyo M-55 tires, a Titan fuel tank, a Leer cab-high canopy, and a brush guard/front bumper (all done on my last two Rams).

Will have the AAM Aluminum Diff Cover when I have the rear diff fluid changed (I’ve only have my ‘18 for a little over a year/8,000 miles).

Will probably buy a PML deep transmission pan for the Aisin and a Thermal bypass valve and have them installed at the first transmission service.

I use my Ram for towing my travel trailer (although my ‘18 hasn’t had the opportunity yet) so most of my upgrades are related to improving the towing experience.

I also use my Ram to get around in the Winter (so I run snow tires year-round).

19. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast