Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Have to give a lot of throttle to move...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Have to give a lot of throttle to move...

This is happening sporadically.

I will move the gear selector to D, take foot off of brake, and truck will not roll forward on it's own. I have to give it about 25% throttle to make it move, then it seems to do just fine.

I have only done this twice, as I do not want to tear anything up. If I put it back in park and try again, it seems not to happen again.

This is happening about 1 out of every 6-7 times that I get in and go.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? Thanks is advance.

2017 Ram 3500 DRW, crew cab, 4x4, 68RFE, 143K miles

Farmer from Alabama, (2018 2500 Big Horn 6.7 crew cab 4WD, tuned by Anarchy Diesel in Tennessee) (2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 crew cab 4x4)(2017 3500 Tradesman 6.7 DRW 4x4 crew cab)

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Have to give a lot of throttle to move...

Couple things come to mind.

Do you have hill start assist and turn it off if you do, and next is this happening right after starting?

I had a 48RFE years ago that didnt like being thrown in gear just fractions of a second after it was started.

It was usually cold starts and I always attributed it to not letting it sit long enough after starting.

If I waited just 5 seconds it was fine.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post