Ok guys, just joined the forum after lurking and searching for a week now trying to find someone who might actually know what to do with this POS tranny LOL.[/COLOR]

2007.5 6.7 68RFE banks CAI, mini Maxx with OD, head studs, otherwise stock engine. The transmission was built a little under 2 years ago and was setup with a deep pan, “upgraded” pump to run higher line pressure, new valve body, and a billet RV converter from precision. Now out of warranty with less than 30k miles.

A few weeks ago she started running warmer than usual empty, was seeing temps around 225 on the MM, but was still driving fine until I had my 18’ car hauler on the back.

Unloaded trailer cruising 75-80 and the torque converter just started randomly unlocking and re locking in 6th.

Knocked her down to 5th and stayed locked up, but temps started climbing to 250-260°.

Let her cool off, drug the trailer back to the house and took it to the shop that built it. With the following codes and some toasted fluid: P0933, P0869,P0747, P2702, and P0218.

Transmission shop says it’s just a converter, and talks me into a suncoast “stage 1” as the shop put it, not sure which of their converters I actually got, but, $2200 later, since I was getting “taken care of” on labor, they said it’s a brand new truck, converter is amazing, which I will admit is absolutely the case compared to the one that was in it.

I picked the truck up Thursday evening and on the way home, under light (seems like anything under 35% going by the MM) throttle in 4th gear between 35-40mph the converter is cycling on and off.

If I give it more throttle, she locks and goes, if I hold it in 3rd until the converter locks, then bump into 4th the converter locks and goes, once it’s actually locked, it holds until I drop below 35 in 4th and if I ease back into it with light throttle, she cycles again.

Seems like it doesn’t do it until the trans has warmed up above 150°, but I’m in Texas and can’t go 40 in the neighborhood LOL.

Took it back Friday and was told there’s nothing wrong with the transmission, line pressure is spot on, try resetting to stock, reloading the tune, disconnecting the alternator, checking wiring to pressure transducer and bring it back next week if it’s still doing it.

Spent my weekend diagnosing it, and nothing I’ve tried has changed the behavior. New pressure transducer, monitoring everything I can without a snap-on scanner. And I’m at a loss.

The only codes I’m showing now are P0933, P0934, and that same P2702, all of which are stored, but not lighting up the MIL. I need help y’all, I’m thinking it’s potentially a cross leak from the SSV to the OD on the valve body at this point, any ideas?