Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 47re swap to stick. Is it Possible???

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

47re swap to stick. Is it Possible???

How's it going i have a 98 ram 12v hasa 47re transmission. Tranny has to come out for a second time. Is it possible to put a stick in. And if so what does it intale to do so. If someone has done this or know how to direct me in the right direction . just write me

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes it's doable, I put my 5-speed into a friends auto truck this summer.

It's easiest if you can find an identical truck (same cab and bed) and swap everything straight across.

This includes: driveshafts, transfer case, transmission, bell housing, flywheel, clutch, clutch hydraulics, pedal assembly, and neutral safety switch.

I'm probably forgetting a few things too.

You'll also have to cut a hole in your floor

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I heard you would have to have the computer flashed cause the 47re is all electronic

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Going to a stick you shouldn't have a problem, it's going from manual to auto that you need to worry about. My friend I traded trans with has had no problems with his factory PCM after swapping the manual in

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

you like that 5speed my buddy had a two wheel drive. With one in it but the Damn thing ran way higher rpms runnin 70 than my 4 speed auto

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Depends on the rear end gear ratio, though the auto transmission does have a higher overdrive ratio which will let you cruise at lower rpms with the same gears. I am going from a 5-speed to an auto, but I did like the 5-speed while I had it, and the guy that has my 5-speed now likes it. His biggest complaint about the 5-speed is that it shifts a lot slower than the auto