Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35's Downsize Too?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    i love the stance of the 35's for sure, and i know these are decently rated tires for my type of driving style. I've just always wanted a garage, and now that i will have a house with one, i may not fit in it LOL.. Guess that means the 'toys' will have a nice dry warm place to be stored.

I may be able to get an inch or two of extra clearance if i adjust the chain a little and have the opener bring the door up more.... Anywho.. thanks for the ideas and information guys.. Once this selling and buying thing is over, the rabbit hole will be opened on my end
    LOL I have 4 vehicles that sit outside, and my Side x Side is in the garage.

Just the way it works.

Funny thing is the wife told me I wasn't getting a side x side until the garage was clean enough to get her rig in.

So I kindly made some room for her rig, and now that's where the SxS sits LOL.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Likes watersupply189, BubbaJo, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I like the stance of my 35’s also.

My wheels are -12mm offset which makes it stick out about an inch or so but not too much.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes BubbaJo, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Re: 35's Downsize Too?

I'm in the same boat trying to decide. When i bought the truck it was leveled on 35/12.50r20 on the factory 20x8s. Only rubbing i have noticed is full lock on the arms, which i read is normal. I'm not looking to change the wheels right now just looking to replace the 35s. Been all over the internet looking at trucks and what not getting ideas. Probably going to end up with 33s in the end.

2016 RAM 2500 4x4 Laramie Mega Cab, Leveled, 35s.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mpless View Post
    I'm in the same boat trying to decide. When i bought the truck it was leveled on 35/12.50r20 on the factory 20x8s. Only rubbing i have noticed is full lock on the arms, which i read is normal. I'm not looking to change the wheels right now just looking to replace the 35s. Been all over the internet looking at trucks and what not getting ideas. Probably going to end up with 33s in the end.
    Do they make a 295/60r/20?

That would be like a 34 x 11.5, and should eliminate any rub with your factory wheels.

I ran 295/70r/18 on factory wheels no problems.

What you will actually lose with those would be .5" of height, and .5" less "aggressive stance".

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Do they make a 295/60r/20?

That would be like a 34 x 11.5, and should eliminate any rub with your factory wheels.

I ran 295/70r/18 on factory wheels no problems.

What you will actually lose with those would be .5" of height, and .5" less "aggressive stance".

They do make that size from a handful of people. I will have to dig into what i can find but that might solve it. This is what i see for size difference.

35/12.50r20 vs 295/60r20 (33.9/11.6r20 give or take)

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mpless View Post
    They do make that size from a handful of people. I will have to dig into what i can find but that might solve it. This is what i see for size difference.

35/12.50r20 vs 295/60r20 (33.9/11.6r20 give or take)
    https://www.igotacummins.com/image/p...AAAElFTkSuQmCC
    Yeah I was just estimating an inch smaller in width and diameter, which equates to just a half inch loss of ride height.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Yeah I was just estimating an inch smaller in width and diameter, which equates to just a half inch loss of ride height.

Thank you for the help btw, with tires sizes there are so many its hard to visualize all the options.

Always best to ask to see what comes up.

14. Likes RATLIN'HP, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Could always call a local tire shop and ask if they have the sizes you are interested in stock.

Then have them mount one on each side or at each corner.

Worst case you are out the mounting fee for the tires you do not like.

2018 srw 3500

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12