Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 35's Downsize Too?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

35's Downsize Too?

When I got my truck it came with basically brand new 35's.

Don't mind the extra height on the truck and it looks good.

However my wife and i are buying a new house and my truck wont fit (height wise) into the garage!

I currently have Nitto Grapplers on it.

They seem to work just fine but i haven't spent a michigan winter with them on.

My truck also has custom 18" rims. Would i be able to get these tires in a 33" size?

That would lower my truck enough for me to be able to sneak into the garage under the door.

If not, what type of 33"~ tire would be my best bet for mostly road travel, but the occasional off-road AT type tire?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Those should come in 33s I'd think.

My next set is gonna be Cooper Discoverer AT3 I believe.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yes they do make tires in a 33.

What is the height of your garage door?

Does your truck have a lift on it?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I haven't put a lift on it, but I believe it has a leveling kit on the front.

I have flares on it as well. It's a good clean look, but i prefer my truck to be in the garage if possible LOL.

Not 100% sure on the exact height of the garage door, but I do know my realtors silverado 1500 with a 2" lift and 35's (on 20" rims) wasn't fitting.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would measure your truck and the garage both before you get smaller tires Those 33’s will make it look odd with those flares on. LOL

My truck is right at 6’9”- 7’ with 35’s and a 2” leveling kit on.

Of course I have a 3500 so I’m not sure what the difference in height is between a 2500 and 3500 if any?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My 2018 3500 is stock suspension with factory 285/60r20 tires which are 33.6" tall and it barely fits into my garage.

I clear the roll up door by 2 inches at the cab clearance lights.

It's the reason I will not put a lift on it.

I would never put a level kit on a truck as to me they look odd and when you tow they look like they are pointing uphill.

I am not at home to measure my garage door.

Being in rural Nevada I would not be surprised if my doors are a little bigger.

2024 Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4l Hemi
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

They do make 33s in those Nittos- Toyo AT2 is another to look at.

I just put another set of them on my truck and like the look.

They perform well in wet and clean well on dirt driveways.

I have a similar problem as you except with my 4d long box and ranch hand bumpers I can’t fit length wise in mine.

I’ve got a good excuse for a metal building now LOL.

Keep us posted.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

we wont close on the new house until the end of October. So this will all have to wait to be answered then as we are not expected to be back at that house until then. With 35's it will be close and i am afraid of how the trucks side profile will look with flares and 33's LOL..

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    we wont close on the new house until the end of October. So this will all have to wait to be answered then as we are not expected to be back at that house until then. With 35's it will be close and i am afraid of how the trucks side profile will look with flares and 33's LOL..
    Keep the stance and I think it will look fine.

I think flares with skinny tires and little offset look wierd, but get 33 x (same width on same wheels), and I dont think you'll notice much. Remember 33s will only lower it 1 inch.

Also it might pay to figure out actual measurements.

A 35 could be 34.6 actually, and a 33 could be 33.7.

All varies by brand.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i love the stance of the 35's for sure, and i know these are decently rated tires for my type of driving style. I've just always wanted a garage, and now that i will have a house with one, i may not fit in it LOL.. Guess that means the 'toys' will have a nice dry warm place to be stored.

I may be able to get an inch or two of extra clearance if i adjust the chain a little and have the opener bring the door up more.... Anywho.. thanks for the ideas and information guys.. Once this selling and buying thing is over, the rabbit hole will be opened on my end

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast