Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  81
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CP4 Failures

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: CP4 Failures

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I can hear them talking about diesel fuel additives in my sleep - We discourage the use of a High Quality Diesel Fuel Additive - due to we don't want these expensive fuel system parts lasting much past 50K-100K miles!
    (Take $$$$$ away from us)!

Just like electronics and house hold appliances - Nothing is built anymore to last - No $$$ in that!
    Everything is being built these days - Disposable!

I think of all the thousands of 6.7L Cummins owners whom don't like getting their hands dirty and have their Rams serviced at these Fast Lube Service Centers (Every Day) - that do not use OEM filters - nor certified oils - Are all these warranties voided if issues?
    It would depend. I have been on one of those warranty cases. We had to go buy one of their filters and have it tested to see if it meets specs or exceeds. But on fuel filters I have never used anything but Mopar. Oil wise I’ll use amsoil or fleetguard or Mopar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I can hear them talking about diesel fuel additives in my sleep - We discourage the use of a High Quality Diesel Fuel Additive - due to we don't want these expensive fuel system parts lasting much past 50K-100K miles!
    (Take $$$$$ away from us)!

Just like electronics and house hold appliances - Nothing is built anymore to last - No $$$ in that!
    Everything is being built these days - Disposable!

I think of all the thousands of 6.7L Cummins owners whom don't like getting their hands dirty and have their Rams serviced at these Fast Lube Service Centers (Every Day) - that do not use OEM filters - nor certified oils - Are all these warranties voided if issues?
    I agree with Syn on this.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    I agree with Syn on this.
    I do too. Especially working in the dealer as a warranty tech and writer. We have three here that all need cp4’s. I had to fight for one because they used additives in the fuel. FCA has denied many claims for additives being used. So if you do and you have an issue make sure you don’t have any in the truck or empties anywhere. Because we have to look and figure out were they used. So if you are using them don’t leave any receipts or traces. Because when they send someone to do the inspection they go through everything searching for something to void it.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    I do too. Especially working in the dealer as a warranty tech and writer. We have three here that all need cp4’s. I had to fight for one because they used additives in the fuel. FCA has denied many claims for additives being used. So if you do and you have an issue make sure you don’t have any in the truck or empties anywhere. Because we have to look and figure out were they used. So if you are using them don’t leave any receipts or traces. Because when they send someone to do the inspection they go through everything searching for something to void it.

So your saying the dealership will go through the inside of your truck without your permission? That seems to me like an invasion of privacy!

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes RATLIN'HP, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    So your saying the dealership will go through the inside of your truck without your permission? That seems to me like an invasion of privacy!

Yeah they cant. And also if they found receipts for 50 cases in my center console, coupons for it on my dash, and 100 empty bottles in the truck bed, it still dont prove it's in my tank. Testing your tank could even be an illegal action with a good lawyer. You see they accepted your money for the pickup with a warranty contract. Once that exchange of money for the truck was made, it became your truck, and legally they'd need your permission. Anything they find could be for your lawn mower so that proves nothing, and I'd bet trace amounts in the fuel if they go that far would be hard to prove in a court of law you were using additive. (If it went that far). But what really chaps my *** is they spend more money not to pay, and investigate a way out of liability, then to just pay. So it must work for them. But if you have the time, the money, and a good lawyer, legally they can not go through your truck!!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Yeah they cant. And also if they found receipts for 50 cases in my center console, coupons for it on my dash, and 100 empty bottles in the truck bed, it still dont prove it's in my tank. Testing your tank could even be an illegal action with a good lawyer. You see they accepted your money for the pickup with a warranty contract. Once that exchange of money for the truck was made, it became your truck, and legally they'd need your permission. Anything they find could be for your lawn mower so that proves nothing, and I'd bet trace amounts in the fuel if they go that far would be hard to prove in a court of law you were using additive. (If it went that far). But what really chaps my *** is they spend more money not to pay, and investigate a way out of liability, then to just pay. So it must work for them. But if you have the time, the money, and a good lawyer, legally they can not go through your truck!!

We had a guy hire one and FCA will turn around and just red tape the vin so they will internally void the warranty. Ford and gm do it on the vehicles. They will go through everything to try and prove that you did something to void warranty. I have been working for FCA and gm for many years till I decided to open my own shop up and fill in when needed at the dealer. They do a lot of things to prove that you voided the warranty. I’ve seen they void it over less like the filter number was used when a new part number was issued to an updated filter. I’ve seen them void a warrant for aftermarket wheels, or anything you can think of. FCA will void as fast as they can. Back in the day when the viper and prowler existed I saw a manufacture rep void a warranty claim for a motor when they found pictures and a time slip for road race of America in the vehicle. They will search the vehicle to see if maintenance has been done. They technically have a right to see if you have receipts in there to see if you have done the maintenance of you haven’t had it done at the dealer or ask for them and if you can’t provide them it will be voided. All manufactures will look for anything. I had a demon that I bought go in for warranty at a different dealer since they have to be certified to work on them go through the whole car and try and prove that I did something wrong. The dash cam caught them doing it and I brought it up to the owner and he stated FCA told the tech to look through the vehicle. If you think I’m lying wire a camera up next time you get warranty work done and you will see it happen. It’s sad that they will do that but they will. And testing the tank the hardly due no the take the front filter and have that tested from what drains out. If water made it there and you have non factory filter in it they will void it right there. The next sample comes from inside the cp4.

12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post

They will look for additives or anything that can void warranty. They will ask for receipts to try and prove that you didn’t do the maintenance. I watched a warranty get voided for a picture and post on Facebook because they had a picture if optilube and the bed rail and the post read the only additive worth using. They will also call around to some companies and see if you bought and if you did they can void. FCA will go through a lot to prove it and void it. It’s sad to say that. GM and Ford installed a rev counter and other things in software that count how many times you do things and they will void it of you do it. I heard GM and Ford voided a warranty for accelerating and doing burnouts. It’s sad what they will go through to do it.

13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Where do you send a peoples fuel samples and who pays for it? Never heard of any dealer going to the lengths that you guys go through to void a warranty. A Facebook post of some additive sitting on someones bed? A Facebook picture....

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Where do you send a peoples fuel samples and who pays for it?
    The sample gets sent to FCA and it’s billed to FCA I don’t know who they are using to test or if they are. I just sent to samples for a personal customer off to Polaris to see the difference between the fuel right outta the pump and after the front filter to see the quality next month I’m sending in a sample of his again but with additives. After the front filter.

16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

We had a guy hire one and FCA will turn around and just red tape the vin so they will internally void the warranty. Ford and gm do it on the vehicles. They will go through everything to try and prove that you did something to void warranty. I have been working for FCA and gm for many years till I decided to open my own shop up and fill in when needed at the dealer. They do a lot of things to prove that you voided the warranty. I’ve seen they void it over less like the filter number was used when a new part number was issued to an updated filter. I’ve seen them void a warrant for aftermarket wheels, or anything you can think of. FCA will void as fast as they can. Back in the day when the viper and prowler existed I saw a manufacture rep void a warranty claim for a motor when they found pictures and a time slip for road race of America in the vehicle. They will search the vehicle to see if maintenance has been done. They technically have a right to see if you have receipts in there to see if you have done the maintenance of you haven’t had it done at the dealer or ask for them and if you can’t provide them it will be voided. All manufactures will look for anything. I had a demon that I bought go in for warranty at a different dealer since they have to be certified to work on them go through the whole car and try and prove that I did something wrong. The dash cam caught them doing it and I brought it up to the owner and he stated FCA told the tech to look through the vehicle. If you think I’m lying wire a camera up next time you get warranty work done and you will see it happen. It’s sad that they will do that but they will. And testing the tank the hardly due no the take the front filter and have that tested from what drains out. If water made it there and you have non factory filter in it they will void it right there. The next sample comes from inside the cp4.

Dont take my post the wrong way. First off, in no way do I think your lying. Second I know you just did a job or still do a job, and I think it sounds like you're just reporting, not defending the ethics of it. Third, I believe there are things you mention that can more easily void a warranty. But I know for facts what you say sure isnt the same at every dealer. I have got warranty items repaired including an injector once, with a fully deleted and tuned truck. Same place drove my buddies brand new truck off the lot 2 hours south to to delete and tune it before they delivered it to him. He has no problems with warranty either. So all I'm letting others know is although you're not lying, it's not the way you say it is everywhere. Also though you are not lying, still dont make it legal. And although your not lying what they illegally find still isnt proof. If they say that filter isnt ours, that's not good enough. And it's too bad maybe some owners will be like, well you got me there I guess my bad. It comes down to how far are you and them willing to take it. They cant just say that's not our filter, they have to prove your filter was not as good. Unfortunately they have deep pockets and full time attorneys working for them. So if your gonna fight them you need deep pockets for a good lawyer as well. 99% of people wont go through the hassle, or have the money, but I can guarantee I'd go to court and represent myself if all they had was a receipt for a bottle of stanadyne found in my console. They get away with it because they can. Not because what they are doing is legal.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast