Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Low Coolant Sensor In Reservoir Tank

1. Top Of Page | #1

Low Coolant Sensor In Reservoir Tank

Hi everyone,

Yesterday afternoon on my way home from work the low coolant light came on in my 2014 2500, after about 2 minutes it went off and nothing else out of the ordinary happened on the 35 mile trip home.

When I got home I checked the level after letting it cool and level was fine.

I didn’t think anything of it but this morning when I was leaving for work the light came back on and now stays on.

I am not losing any coolant and just wonder if the sensor is probably bad?

I monitored temp on the dash display and it stayed consistent at 194 ish both to work and home.

I did a flush and fill not long ago after the Y pipe on top of motor cracked and started dripping.

Maybe the sensor is gunked up and just needs a cleaning or do you think it might be shot?

I my thinking right that the sensor is probably just bad?

Has anyone had to place one before?

Thanks in advance
    Jim

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Low Coolant Sensor In Reservoir Tank

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman1977 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Yesterday afternoon on my way home from work the low coolant light came on in my 2014 2500, after about 2 minutes it went off and nothing else out of the ordinary happened on the 35 mile trip home.

When I got home I checked the level after letting it cool and level was fine.

I didn’t think anything of it but this morning when I was leaving for work the light came back on and now stays on.

I am not losing any coolant and just wonder if the sensor is probably bad?

I monitored temp on the dash display and it stayed consistent at 194 ish both to work and home.

I did a flush and fill not long ago after the Y pipe on top of motor cracked and started dripping.

Maybe the sensor is gunked up and just needs a cleaning or do you think it might be shot?

I my thinking right that the sensor is probably just bad?

Has anyone had to place one before?

Thanks in advance
    Jim
    There is a possibility you may have introduced a pocket of air in the system when you did the flush and fill.

Try burping the system by squeezing the upper radiator hose and keep an eye on the coolant level.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post