Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Whistle Tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Whistle Tune

Hey everyone,

I recently got an MM3 through my local tuner, I’ve had him tune several vehicles for me so I went to him for my truck, but he isn’t out of town so I don’t want to bother him if I can solve this here.

I have an MM3 and I tried the whistle tune, and now I can’t get it to turn off.

I’ve gone through the other three sound tunes I have and it stays on through all of them, including the power tunes.

Any solutions?

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Whistle Tune

Have you tried unplugging and plugging the MM3 from the OBD port and reload your tunes?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Need a little more info like how your main ecm file is set up and what all rt files you have.

I mean your main file could have the VGT closed up which would cause the whistle.

Most likely gonna need to bother him.

He shouldn't mind.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTLJ19 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently got an MM3 through my local tuner, I’ve had him tune several vehicles for me so I went to him for my truck, but he isn’t out of town so I don’t want to bother him if I can solve this here.

I have an MM3 and I tried the whistle tune, and now I can’t get it to turn off.

I’ve gone through the other three sound tunes I have and it stays on through all of them, including the power tunes.

Any solutions?
    Is the whistle tune your default?

Did the other sound tunes work before the whistle tune got stuck on?

Do you have your MM3 set to run RT at every key cycle?

Is your exhaust brake on?

Are the tunes loaded properly on your MM3?

If I leave my sound tunes on when I shut my truck off, everything defaults to normal sound after having the truck off for about 30 minutes.

Let us know what you find out.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Have you tried unplugging and plugging the MM3 from the OBD port and reload your tunes?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!
    I did that and it worked!

Just had to find a way to not have to rewrite my ECM every time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Is the whistle tune your default?

Did the other sound tunes work before the whistle tune got stuck on?

Do you have your MM3 set to run RT at every key cycle?

Is your exhaust brake on?

Are the tunes loaded properly on your MM3?

If I leave my sound tunes on when I shut my truck off, everything defaults to normal sound after having the truck off for about 30 minutes.

Let us know what you find out.
    This is exactly what I am doing for a temporary workaround.

Have my RT to only send once.

Thanks!

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post