Likes Likes:  91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 68RFE Fluid Change

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Fluid Change

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    So a deep 68RFE pan is not really a deep sump then, just a higher capacity pan?
    If not adding an extended oil pump pickup I'm concerned about starvation.

Back in my Mopar musclecar days if you put a deep pan on the engine or the Automatic transmission (727) you installed a different oil pump pickup or pickup extension/spacer.
    This extends the oil sump pickup to be the same distance from the bottom of the pan as OEM.

Example: I put a deep pans on 1970 383 with 727 and it called for an extended sump pickup for the engine and filter mount extension for the trans..
    Modern day (kindof) added a deep oil pan to 1995 LT1 (manual trans) it calls for an extended oil pump pickup.
    Correct - it just adds fluid capacity most deep pans add between 2.5 to 3 qts.

Suncoast makes a “zero cavitation” filter kit. It replaces the valve body filter and sets it closer to the bottom of the pan.

It’s really nice. It’s designed for dnj billet channel plates and requires shaving down a fin or two on most aftermarket pans.

I haven’t installed one on a stock valve body channel plate so I don’t know if it works or not with factory valve body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Correct - it just adds fluid capacity most deep pans add between 2.5 to 3 qts.

Suncoast makes a “zero cavitation” filter kit. It replaces the valve body filter and sets it closer to the bottom of the pan.

It’s really nice. It’s designed for dnj billet channel plates and requires shaving down a fin or two on most aftermarket pans.

I haven’t installed one on a stock valve body channel plate so I don’t know if it works or not with factory valve body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I just installed the Revmax VB, deep pan and thermostat bypass on my 2018.

I did use the gasket which I am not fond of cork but what I have always done is use a thin film of Permatex Ultra black silicone and glue the gasket in place and let it dry for a while before putting the pan back on, this trick always works great on valve covers etc.

I was able to fully torque it without the gasket squeezing out.

Talking to a transmission tech friend he said the Revmax fan with the fins protruding up from the bottom of the pan helps from keeps the fluid at the bottom along with any loose material.

5. Likes Abgunnar, SyN liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234