Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Aftermarket Wheels With Small Lift?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Why Aftermarket Wheels With Small Lift?

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    I to have fought with the 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers.

I even run some reduced pressure.

I have them road force balanced life is great smooth as silk.

Then when I rotate them at each service usually no more than 6,500 miles the vibration returns.

Not sure if it's a wear problem which they seem fairly even and no real cupping.

I have about 28,000 miles on them and should easily go 45 or 50,000.

I'm mostly highway driving. So it hard to justify swapping them now just tired of constantly paying to have them balanced.

If I would have know at the time I purchased them I would have just purchased them thru Discount tire this way they would take care of the rotation and balance for free each time LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I had the same issue with some Toyo AT2 Extreme on my '12.

They needed to be rebalanced after every rotation even though tread wear looked good.

I learned that DTs lifetime rotate and balance easily covers the cost difference in initial purchase.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    I to have fought with the 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers.

I even run some reduced pressure.

I have them road force balanced life is great smooth as silk.

Then when I rotate them at each service usually no more than 6,500 miles the vibration returns.

Not sure if it's a wear problem which they seem fairly even and no real cupping.

I have about 28,000 miles on them and should easily go 45 or 50,000.

I'm mostly highway driving. So it hard to justify swapping them now just tired of constantly paying to have them balanced.

If I would have know at the time I purchased them I would have just purchased them thru Discount tire this way they would take care of the rotation and balance for free each time LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I only have 21k on my nittos, I'll be lucky to make through winter. Ill be lucky to get 30k out of them.

Rotated every 5k and watched psi.

I think I will try toyo RT's next time.

They have a Mileage warranty at least.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Discount tire also price matches so you should have to pay more for the tires.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Toyo RT for sure I'm on my second set now first was 37x13.50R20 standard balancing one time their entire life took them off at 50k miles with probably 5-7k left till bald. Never noticed tire noise really. I frequently beat them in the gravel and never lost one chunk out of them. Probably the best wide lug tire in the snow that I've found. No still not on the level of a good AT but decent.

Just put 38x13.50R20 Toyo RT on it a few weeks ago and they balanced great minimal weight again and are nice and smooth run them at 40 and 25 unloaded and have great small bump compliance and traction.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

To the OP as others stated it's for tire clearance.

I did the 37s on an aftermarket wheel with no lift or level of any kind to make sure stuff wasn't going to rub at full bump once the thuren parts were added.

In order for the lift companies to stand behind their tire clearances they require a different offset.

If you want some good info read through thurens tech section for a bit.

Just don't spend to long there or you will end up spending a lot with all that justification LOL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

8. Likes Bud2723 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12