Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Off-Road Lighting Setup!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Show Me Your Off-Road Lighting Setup!

So I'm on the fence between Baja, KC, & Rigid for some off-road lighting.

I know Baja makes some of the best quality lights on the market & the dollar per lumen on their lights seems to make them a solid choice.

(The Squadron Pros offer the highest lumens on the market for a 4 LED light, but I also know that every manufacturer has their own way of testing lumens).

What I'm looking for is some real world imagery of your off-road lighting.

I plan on adding a 20" bar in the bumper, A-pillar pods, & rock lights for the time being - so mainly looking for insight into these applications.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Show Me Your Off-Road Lighting Setup!

I can't speak for the little cube led lights as to my knowledge almost all of them are the same, as far as light output goes.

What you do get with more expensive ones is they use better chips which typically or more efficient LEDs, reflectors, water sealing, and wiring.

I am saying you get what you pay for but not in the total light output since bulbs can only run so hot/bright for that little heat dissipation.

I have three 9 inch Kings (which I think are clones) front lights with 2835 LEDs on my bumper. Little bigger then you asked, but very bright.

I have seen those clones of the ARB that just say LED on the bottom I would personally stay away from them, not that bright from what I have seen.

For the 20" Lightbar, go with the next version of light bars with the Lasers. I have one and it is amazing, I do not have it hooked up yet since it won't fit my bumper without modding the bumper, but when I was playing with it did put a big smile on my face.

Even Baja started making laser bars & cubes because even the cheap garbage ones were outperforming the best-led light bars in terms of light to distance.

If I didn't already have those front lights on I would think about the new 9 inches round laser lights.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

4. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@CDIJeff thanks for sharing! I've looked into the laser lights a few times, but haven't really been able to get much viable info on then.

Baja makes a set but the lumen count (I know...) is significantly lower than their LED options.

I'd love to see a side by side of the laser light vs a LED.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Squadron Pros for the A-Pillars & the S2 kit for the fog lights.

From there I'll probably add a 20" bar in the grille & I'd like to get a roof rack (KC M-Rack would be ideal, but not for $5k) so I can do a 360* lighting setup, and I'll also add in some rock lights.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    @CDIJeff thanks for sharing! I've looked into the laser lights a few times, but haven't really been able to get much viable info on then.

Baja makes a set but the lumen count (I know...) is significantly lower than their LED options.

I'd love to see a side by side of the laser light vs a LED.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Squadron Pros for the A-Pillars & the S2 kit for the fog lights.

From there I'll probably add a 20" bar in the grille & I'd like to get a roof rack (KC M-Rack would be ideal, but not for $5k) so I can do a 360* lighting setup, and I'll also add in some rock lights.
    I'll try to take a picture of just the 20 inch bar then switch to the laser light bar.

Should somewhat give and idea of the comparison.

As you mentioned finding any info on those new lights is kinda hard since they are so new.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

8. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    I'll try to take a picture of just the 20 inch bar then switch to the laser light bar.

Should somewhat give and idea of the comparison.

As you mentioned finding any info on those new lights is kinda hard since they are so new.
    That would be awesome if you could!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    That would be awesome if you could!
    Here you go the left is the standard light bar.

The right is the laser light.

Second photo is just the original light bar.

I also have to give credit that light bar I have is almost a 10 year old Koplin/Rigid light.

Fourth pic is with the headlights on with laser light.

IMG_20200902_200525.jpg

IMG_20200902_200428.jpg

IMG_20200902_200719.jpg

IMG_20200902_200607.jpg

12. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That dumpster paint has now faded due to all the light output!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, RamIt liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mostly what I take offroad and it has lights LOL.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    Here you go the left is the standard light bar.

The right is the laser light.

Second photo is just the original light bar.

I also have to give credit that light bar I have is almost a 10 year old Koplin/Rigid light.

Fourth pic is with the headlights on with laser light.

IMG_20200902_200525.jpg

IMG_20200902_200428.jpg

IMG_20200902_200719.jpg

IMG_20200902_200607.jpg
    That's not bad at all! You mentioned light and right pictures, but they all showed up in line. So the 2nd one is the laser?

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Are you running a spot bar or flood bar?

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

18. Likes watersupply189, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Flood.....

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast