Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Lifted 2500s - Let's Talk Coil Spring Isolators

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lifted 2500s - Let's Talk Coil Spring Isolators

So anyone that's on a lifted (Thuren, Carli, etc) setup; I'm sure you (as am I) are familiar with the upper coil spring isolators either rolling under the perch, crushing, or in some sense not doing their job.

Word on the wire is that the Power Wagon isolators are made of a harder rubber and mitigate this issue.

Aside from the obvious part number difference, can anyone offer some more "scientific" insight into whether this is true or not?

Or if there are any aftermarket poly options available?

I can get Power Wagon isolators at cost, and I'm willing to guinea pig this if need be, but despite the numerous social media & forum pieces of chatter about "upgrading" to the PW isolators,

I've yet to see any concrete evidence provided that they are, in fact, a better solution - considering they do come at a higher price tag.

I'd love to get any feedback from anyone that has swapped to PW isolators and if that did resolve the issues with the OE ones being trash.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Lifted 2500s - Let's Talk Coil Spring Isolators

Did you end up trying them before you traded your truck?

I just bought a third set of isolators with only 50k miles on my truck.

I have a Carli 3 in lift with dodge offroad long arms.

And even after moving the front axle forward an inch so the coil springs don’t arch they still pushed out.

I bought the weld in insulator supports from Carli I haven’t installed them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post