Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: 2016 Cooling Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 Cooling Issue

So my 2016 RAM about 2 years ago had the radiator replaced (poor dealership Water Pump Recall).

Cooling system has been fine up until about 2 months ago. We were in a drive thru waiting to get our order and the Engine Temp warning came on. It was about 90 Degree's so we were sitting still blasting the A/C.

I pulled the truck over opened the coolant res, and I got bubbles and lots of pressure release. The level came up right to correct level.

While driving the Truck runs @ 188-192.

When I sit and idle the temp slowly creeps up will get to around 220+....

When I drive off the temp comes right back down. The Coolant level isn't dropping, it stays up. No leaks on the ground etc...

After I drive it for a day I will open the res, and it will let out some air, and bubbles.

Yesterday driving home (23 miles one way back roads) I got a low coolant warning. I was keeping an eagle eye on the temp ran like always 188-192 driving. Got home and released the pressure and level came right back up to the seam line.

Any thoughts?

Do i got an air leak?

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 Cooling Issue

Is your fan engaging audibly when the coolant Temps rise?

The Fan clutch is what engages to cool the engine when at a standstill.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, SyN, AK Bob, Electrojake liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Check your fan clutch and make sure the radiator isn’t full of debris and such blocking air flow.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes SyN, Badger2078, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Agree with the above, also make sure the coolant level is at the seam when the engine is cold.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post