Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Left Side Trailer Turn Signal / Brake Light Not Working

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Left Side Trailer Turn Signal / Brake Light Not Working

So this isn't really urgent but couldn't find anywhere to put it so I'm asking it here.

I've got a 2016 2500 and I had just bought a boat.

The left turn signal and brake light doesn't work.

Go to replace the bulb today and it's fine. Went ahead and changed it anyways. Still no turn signal or brake light.

So I check the voltage and I'm not getting any voltage working my way to the truck.

So both the 7 pin and 4 pin have no voltage on the turn signal pin at the truck.

Checked the fuse under the hood and it is also good.

Aside from tracing wiring. Have any of yall ran into this before?

If so what was the cause?

I do appreciate it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Likes watersupply189, Murph liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Check behind the bumper to make sure a wire didn’t get pulled loose or something.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes Murph, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    so this isnt really urgent but couldnt find anywhere to put it so im asking it here. Ive got a 2016 2500 and i had just bought a boat. The left turnsignal and brake light doesnt work. Go to replace the bulb today and its fine. Went ahead and changed it anyways. Still no turnsignal or brake light. So i check the voltage im not getting any voltage working my way to the truck. So both the 7 pin and 4 pin have no voltage on the turn signal pin at the truck. Checked the fuse under the hood and it is also good. Aside from tracing wiring. Have any of yall ran into this before? If so what was the cause? I do appreciate it.
    At least for me, almost always it comes down to a ground issue. Great luck.

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

so this isnt really urgent but couldnt find anywhere to put it so im asking it here. Ive got a 2016 2500 and i had just bought a boat. The left turnsignal and brake light doesnt work. Go to replace the bulb today and its fine. Went ahead and changed it anyways. Still no turnsignal or brake light. So i check the voltage im not getting any voltage working my way to the truck. So both the 7 pin and 4 pin have no voltage on the turn signal pin at the truck. Checked the fuse under the hood and it is also good. Aside from tracing wiring. Have any of yall ran into this before? If so what was the cause? I do appreciate it.
    Did you check pin #6? This is a diagram for my 2014, yours should be the same.
    RAM Trailer Plug.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Left Side Trailer Turn Signal / Brake Light Not Working

I appreciate the feedback. Im pretty sure its an un serviceable relay. Ive got no voltage at the fuse.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

10. Thanks watersupply189, Murph thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Murph liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: Left Side Trailer Turn Signal / Brake Light Not Working

I appreciate the feedback. Im pretty sure its an un serviceable relay. Ive got no voltage at the fuse.
    Probably K17.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes watersupply189, Murph liked this post