Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P0868 Code

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0868 Code

Hello all, I was driving around today and started futzing around with my RaceME.

Checked DTC codes and came up with a p0868 code, for low line pressure.

No check engine light.

Yesterday I towed about 8,800 lbs noticed slightly firmer shifts but nothing that jumped out at me.

Line pressure seems normal, 160-170 normal driving. C

hecked fluid level hot.

Was this a fluke thing or a start to a huge issue?

Thank you

2. Thanks Murph, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Murph, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0868 Code

Hmm, interesting.

This def outta my wheelhouse, somebody bound to have some info directly.

Great luck Sir.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Hello all, I was driving around today and started futzing around with my RaceME.

Checked DTC codes and came up with a p0868 code, for low line pressure.

No check engine light.

Yesterday I towed about 8,800 lbs noticed slightly firmer shifts but nothing that jumped out at me.

Line pressure seems normal, 160-170 normal driving. C

hecked fluid level hot.

Was this a fluke thing or a start to a huge issue?

Thank you
    Did you clear the code to see if it pops backup?

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes AK Bob, Murph liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That's actually govenor pressure sensor volt to high. Low line pressure is generic for makes with that code but in Cummins it apparently is a little different. First I'd just clear it and keep an eye on it. If it it keeps setting the transducers have been know to fail. This info is all just from what I've read here and there, not first hand knowledge. But if it were mine I'd just clear it for now and watch. Then check into replacing transducer if it repeatedly sets next.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Did you clear the code to see if it pops backup?

I did clear it, drove around town and hasn’t come back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I did clear it, drove around town and hasn’t come back since.

Then I wouldn’t worry about it.

Probably was just a glitch or something friend.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I do have a concern, I just remembered the only thing I did different was i used the switch tuning on tow mode and then used tow/haul on the truck. If the tuner is asking for a desired line pressure of let’s say 160 and the tow/haul is looking for 175 then that could be my low pressure soft code ?

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Also to note, in 6th gear locked my desired trans pressure is 185. My actual is 160

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I do have a concern, I just remembered the only thing I did different was i used the switch tuning on tow mode and then used tow/haul on the truck. If the tuner is asking for a desired line pressure of let’s say 160 and the tow/haul is looking for 175 then that could be my low pressure soft code ?

Just to let you know, I use the “0” 30HP Tow setting and Tow Haul Mode together when I tow my 5th wheel.

No trouble codes noted, but I do have the Aisin transmission.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

There is a whole ton of info if you just search this forum on that code, or even if you dare google LOL.

As far as my first post about it actually being govenor pressure code, now I dont know if that might of been the 48rfe's.

If this code is a problem it could be 20 different things, and you can search for yourself.

My take is if this didnt even turn the CEL on, that the trans tuning will cause this code to set sometimes, and that the cel is turned off.

Reason I say this is because if you search a lot of times it gets referred to as a fluke.

Guys with EZ Lynk, MM3, EFi and so on have all made threads about this.

Only a few have ever had the actual CEL and had it keep recurring after cleared.

In those cases it can be may things. For now I'd say again not to sweat it to much, and it sounds like your really digging into it with actual and desired numbers, but I get it, the 68RFE seems to be a big concern for many.

I smoked the OD clutches in one of the 3 I've owned. I really was pretty hard on all of them, but the one that I had 35 inch tires and 3.42 gears, it didnt do well.

I'm way off track but my point is, the 68RFE in my opinion other than being a slush box for shifting.

I dont think it's a bad trans with the right gears and tires. I beat the crap out of 2 others with stock size tires and 3.73 gears, both tuned and cranked up no issues.

Guys use to drag their trucks with the stock 68 thinking every time down was gonna be the time last for it, and they could not kill the thing.

Maybe I'm getting way off track now but it seems like I see a lot tip toeing around the 68, and people that want to upgrade this and that.

I just dont think it's quite as bad as the reputation it's kinda gotten.

Back on track.

Try not to worry about it, and just see how it goes.

Like I said my best guess from searching is this is kinda normal or common from many tuned transmission that i can tell.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

18. Thanks Davey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Davey liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast