Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Driver Side Master Window Switch

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Driver Side Master Window Switch

So when I got my truck in July the driver side master window switch acted a little funky at times and it wouldn't roll down my passenger front window from time to time.

I also noticed it didn't light up at night either.

So i purchased a new switch from eBay, installed it, and everything worked great!

Fast forward to this morning and I went to put down my front two windows (it's a nice cool morning for once), and neither will go down from the master switch!

The passenger will go down from the passenger side though and I can roll down my back two windows from the master switch, just not the front two, also I cannot adjust my mirrors either!

Did this cheapo eBay switch sheet the bed on me or do i have some sort of electric demons in this truck?

Oh, to make matters worse, I leave for a week-long vacation tomorrow morning hauling our camper 6-8 hours north with the family.

Oh, and the windows weren't left down, nothing got wet (to my knowledge), and all of the lights in the switches still light up.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Driver Side Master Window Switch

I don't have any solutions for you besides try another OE switch.

But my truck is fairly new (2017) and the driver's side window goes haywire on a fairly regular basis as well.

Automatic up and down stops working all together, window goes down halfway then back up on it's own, window stops going down or up part way.

All other windows always seem to work, and usually everything goes back to normal after a couple times turning the truck off and on.

Good luck.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

well crap so this is normal? LOL

i'll order a new switch when we get back. no point in ordering it now since i wont be home to receive and install it anyways LOL

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't know if I'd call it "normal" but might be more common that it should be, ha.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

7. Likes BubbaJo liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My wife had an OB appointment that same day I posted this.

I was in the parking lot and took out my pocket knife and popped off the window switch plate and unplugged everything then I blew into the ports, plugged it all back in and everything has worked perfectly since.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    My wife had an OB appointment that same day I posted this.

I was in the parking lot and took out my pocket knife and popped off the window switch plate and unplugged everything then I blew into the ports, plugged it all back in and everything has worked perfectly since.
    That's the best kind of fix!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sometimes growing up with an old school Nintendo actually pays off LOL.

12. Likes Power247 liked this post