Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive been on, but the girlfriend and I bought a 2006 2500, with a 5.9 and a 6 speed nv5600 swapped in it. Tuned, BD turbo, and headstuds. Dont really know much else about what was done to it than that.

Today the clutch wouldn't disengage after an hour long drive with an older, steel, 3 horse slant trailer. I shut it off and restarted it and could shift it to any gear but after about 3 or 4 seconds of holding the clutch in all the way to the floor, it would slowly grab and try to take off.

I checked out the clutch hydraulic system, fluid looked clear, maybe a touch low. I didnt look at the master cylinder for leaks before I pulled the cap and dripped fluid over it

It did appear to be pushing air out in the reservoir when the pedal was pressed in, so I limped it back home.

I replaced the orings on the line, and pulled the slave cylinder off. I then pushed the rod in slowly, about 12 times, to try and bleed the system and reinstalled it. I now have about half the stroke of the clutch pedal, a little worse than when it was acting up, and now it will not disengage with the truck running.

The master cylinder appears to be newer and the slave cylinder isn't blown out.

Anyone got any ideas? Do I need to try a different way of bleeding it? I would like to get the hydraulic system ruled out before I drop the trans out to look at the throwout bearing and input shaft. Any pointers or advice would be awesome.

Thanks everyone