Hey guys,

So I've been working away at my '89 D250 for a few months now trying to get the engine prettier and stronger and everything. Long story short, I still have an oil leak after all the new parts and it's coming from the dipstick. I put an o ring in the collar of the dipstick to try and make it seal better, but that showed me that the oil escaping out the tube is pressurized. I also have oil leaking from my tappet cover, which is an aftermarket billet piece with "leak free" breathers.

This got me thinking that I could possibly have a head gasket or piston ring problem. And when I went to check the coolant to see if it was bubbling, I had a lot less coolant than I was expecting in the radiator. I just changed the oil not even 5 minutes of engine run time ago so I can't check the oil color for milkiness or anything like that since it hasn't ran enough. But I want to check compression on all the cylinders to try to narrow down my troubleshooting.

So here's the two questions: what do y'all think this is? And where can I get a good compression test rig from? All the ones I've seen are either cheap hoses that won't hold pressure between tests, or good hoses with the wrong pressure range.