Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
Interesting: Woke up this afternoon - due to working night shift this week - thinking about the pros @ cons of these Secondary filters (spin-on) Cellulose vs Synthetic.

Cellulose has showed to trap & hold water much more efficiently then the synthetic media but synthetic media will trap & hold much smaller contaminants as well as allow better flow & supposedly be able to handle staying in service longer.

DBF5814 /17 or FF5814 / 17 will be the Ones! (Depending all on availability)
along with 4 powerful epoxy coated neodymium N45 magnets attached to both water separator & secondary filter -

I wish my brain would just shut off for short period of time.

EDIT: I am curious - brain will not shut down!
For those that have this kit installed of even the Fass System - whom work or reside in states that have Long drawn out winters.
Whats your thoughts on the Cold Weather Sleeve (1/2" EPDM Insulating Foam Sleeve) - (Used in HVAC installs) that slides over the filter? - to possibly help keep away any jelling issues.
If I find I am having problems with gelled fuel, I have no problems with buying that sleeve.

I don't see any problems at least for me with gelled fuel and can always add it later.

Also hear you on not stopping was searching the web and found another kit I know nothing of it looks nice.

This one specifically says it uses stainless to stop galling.

http://westerndieselaz.com/2003-2019...el-filter-kit/