Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Found A Part Sticking To The Magnet In The Transmission

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Found A Part Sticking To The Magnet In The Transmission

Today I was doing a 68RFE fluid/filters service on my truck and found this metal like bushing thing sticking to the magnet. I was wondering if someone might know what it is and if I should be concerned.

Background.

The truck is a 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L.

Transmission is a Mopar reman with about 40K miles on it. No warranty because the truck title is branded. The shift lever is manual column-mounted, not the rotary knob.

Towing in hot weather I got a trouble code for line pressure below target (I don't remember the exact code, sorry). I watched the target pressure vs actual pressure with my MM3. What I saw was when the line pressure would request 170 but only go up to 160. Wasn't sure if this was a big deal but I figured it's about time to do a fluid/filters change anyway.

Had an issue shortly after the transmission was installed about two years ago where the transmission lever got stuck when I tried to go from drive to reverse. I discovered that the lever on the transmission traveled too far when going from Park to Drive and got jammed. I got it unjammed with a pair of channel locks and verified the adjustment. It's been ok since. Although there does seem to be a little slop in the gear lever. I observed that this is coming from the lever on the transmission. Not sure how much is normal.

Otherwise, the transmission works perfectly normal.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dan

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks watersupply189, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Found A Part Sticking To The Magnet In The Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by Dhugo View Post
    Today I was doing a 68RFE fluid/filters service on my truck and found this metal like bushing thing sticking to the magnet. I was wondering if someone might know what it is and if I should be concerned.

Background.

The truck is a 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L.

Transmission is a Mopar reman with about 40K miles on it. No warranty because the truck title is branded. The shift lever is manual column-mounted, not the rotary knob.

Towing in hot weather I got a trouble code for line pressure below target (I don't remember the exact code, sorry). I watched the target pressure vs actual pressure with my MM3. What I saw was when the line pressure would request 170 but only go up to 160. Wasn't sure if this was a big deal but I figured it's about time to do a fluid/filters change anyway.

Had an issue shortly after the transmission was installed about two years ago where the transmission lever got stuck when I tried to go from drive to reverse. I discovered that the lever on the transmission traveled too far when going from Park to Drive and got jammed. I got it unjammed with a pair of channel locks and verified the adjustment. It's been ok since. Although there does seem to be a little slop in the gear lever. I observed that this is coming from the lever on the transmission. Not sure how much is normal.

Otherwise, the transmission works perfectly normal.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dan
    Idk what the part is but if it were mine I couldn't sleep at night without knowing what it went to.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Murph, watersupply189, AK Bob, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Found A Part Sticking To The Magnet In The Transmission

Sorry brother I just don't know what that is.

Looks like a spacer that a bolt would go through.

There isn't a spacer that goes in between your trans filter and the transmission body is there?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post