Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: 68RFE Replacement

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE Replacement

Alright ladies and Gents!

Has anyone heard any rumors about a 68RFE Replacement?

Knock on wood I haven’t had any issues with mine, but that seems to be the one thing that keeps RAM from attracting other truck brand fans due to what seems to be a lot of issues from a weak transmission.

It seems like they would want to keep up with the competition in the 10 speed game also.

Anyways just bored and thinking my next Cummins is going to be when the new tranny comes out.

2018 2500 Laramie automatic, fully deleted and tuned with EZ Lynk CTT and 68RFE Trans Tuning. S&B CAI and 5” Flo Pro Straight Pipe

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Replacement

Lots of rumors floating.

The 2 biggest are the adoption of the ZF in the 1500 or getting a 9 speed Allison my guess would be the ZF.

RAM never makes the best decisions.

4. Likes watersupply189, Chris_24V liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I wish this could be something to get excited about. Unfortunately it will probably still only be built to hold stock power, and have all sorts of limiters to even keep the stock power from doing damage, especially if they basically add 2 or 3 more OD gears.
    3 on the tree would get me excited!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Likes Chris_24V, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I wish this could be something to get excited about. Unfortunately it will probably still only be built to hold stock power, and have all sorts of limiters to even keep the stock power from doing damage, especially if they basically add 2 or 3 more OD gears.
    3 on the tree would get me excited!

I guess one of my questions is, would a tuned Cummins destroy any stock tranny?

2018 2500 Laramie automatic, fully deleted and tuned with EZ Lynk CTT and 68RFE Trans Tuning. S&B CAI and 5” Flo Pro Straight Pipe

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

8. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_24V View Post
    I guess one of my questions is, would a tuned Cummins destroy any stock tranny?

Nope your right foot destroys tranny's.

But for the guys who want the high hp and torque, there is limiters and things that have to be turned off to get it to the ground.

Rarely can you even get the factory hp and torque to the ground.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes watersupply189, Chris_24V, Power247 liked this post