Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MM3 Agent for Updating

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Agent for Updating

@RamIt, My OEM SD card went bad. I'm not trying to just randomly replace or upgrade it. In fact, I haven't even updated my firmware in the two years that I've had my truck tuned. Hell, when I got the code that it couldn't read the SD card, I had forgotten where the little thing even was on the unit. I got a 32gb card because that was the smallest available at the time; not because I wanted or needed that size, only choice was 32gb, 64gb or beyond. As storage goes, 8gb storage is ancient and 2gb (OEM size) is near impossible to find.

I appreciate your help, and the tip about parallels is good to know. My wife runs that on her macbook. I may give that a try.

But to be clear, I didn't just start f'g w/this out of curiosity or because I wanted an SD w/bigger storage. My truck runs great and this is mostly just a nuisance.

2. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

P.S. I have ordered an 8GB SanDisk industrial duty microSD card from Amazon.

4. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    @RamIt, My OEM SD card went bad. I'm not trying to just randomly replace or upgrade it. In fact, I haven't even updated my firmware in the two years that I've had my truck tuned. Hell, when I got the code that it couldn't read the SD card, I had forgotten where the little thing even was on the unit. I got a 32gb card because that was the smallest available at the time; not because I wanted or needed that size, only choice was 32gb, 64gb or beyond. As storage goes, 8gb storage is ancient and 2gb (OEM size) is near impossible to find.

I appreciate your help, and the tip about parallels is good to know. My wife runs that on her macbook. I may give that a try.

But to be clear, I didn't just start f'g w/this out of curiosity or because I wanted an SD w/bigger storage. My truck runs great and this is mostly just a nuisance.
    Just want to point out that my post wasn't a personal jab at you.

Everything I covered in my post relates directly to the incomprehensible number of posts on this forum directly related to problems end users have with their MM3s.

Despite the numerous posts covering the same topics ad nauseam, the same new posts continue to pop up.

That said, Parallels is a risky move because its not "real" Windows.

It's a virtualization.

I'd recommend setting up Boot Camp & loading Windows as a hard install.

I have my MacBook Pro set up that way and it cost me $0 using Microsofts Windows Recovery ISO or whatever they call it.

You cannot register the copy (which doesn't matter for my use case) so you won't have access to anything requiring a Microsoft account (i.e. Office).

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123