Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Agent for Updating

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

MM3 Agent for Updating

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    Yeah, nothings working.

I even did a longer full format (instead of quick format). etc.

I've emailed MM3 Power.

Let's see what they say.

Ray thinks it may be too big of a card.

It was the smallest they had at Best Buy. :-(
    Okay sounds good, I thought 32gb was the max but could be wrong.

If this is the case you can still get the smaller capacity SD cards on Amazon.

Please keep us posted.

Just so you know I run Parallels with Windows on my Mac and the MM3 Agent works fine.

Just another option for later if you don’t want to purchase another Windows computer.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Agent for Updating

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    Yeah, nothings working.

I even did a longer full format (instead of quick format). etc.

I've emailed MM3 Power.

Let's see what they say.

Ray thinks it may be too big of a card.

It was the smallest they had at Best Buy. :-(
    What size is it?

32gb is the biggest you can use if memory serves me correct.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

32gb card is way too big for the MM3 & also completely unnecessary considering the ECM/RT files are a couple of MB at best.

Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the card that came with the unit?

Also, MM3Agent 1.0.8.0 immediately crashes open opening on my computer.

I rolled back to 1.0.7.0 and everything is great.

Additionally, I'm doing all of my updating/etc on a dual booted Mac running Windows in Boot Camp.

It is possible to load files to the MM3 card in Mac, but MacOS likes to create erroneous files on the card that won't affect operation, but just creates additional unwanted entries in the RT screen.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ok so I'm just curious as to, do I need to install an update the my mm3 , I am not computer savvy and reading this thread is freaking me out . LOL I have had my mm3 for over a year now and I have no issues with it. So I'm just curious ?? thanks

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

7. Likes 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Ok so I'm just curious as to, do I need to install an update the my mm3 , I am not computer savvy and reading this thread is freaking me out . LOL I have had my mm3 for over a year now and I have no issues with it. So I'm just curious ?? thanks
    I had put off updating mine for a long time too since it was working.

Just watch the DRD video and it'll be fine with the original card.

And use a windows computer.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Ok.

I'll try thanks again

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    If you have the “switch” update that came out just over 18 months ago you don’t need to update.

There have been two updates since then that are for the 5th Gens (2019 and newer).

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Ok that's good I do have the switch and only a 4th Gen so no need to do an update.

Thanks for the info.

13. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I forget the name of the folder off hand but you remove the ECM files and then drop your new ones in.

I would save your files to your desktop while swapping files in case you need to retrieve it.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Personal recommendation, as someone with a strong IT background, (and this will be blunt) stop updating your firmwares if everything is working fine. As stated above, current revisions are geared towards the 5th gen trucks, if you are driving a 4th gen & have zero issues with your MM3, follow the golden rule of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" and leave it be.

Additionally, AutoAgent is designed to load new firmware files into the appropriate folders on a properly structured OE SD Card for you. If you have, for some reason, decided to change your OE MM3 SD card with a new one & your folder structure isn't exact - you're gonna have a bad time.

If you are reflashing with a revised tune or loading new RT files, both I & DRD have walkthrough videos posted on this forum on how to do so properly if you are not tech savvy. However, Mac users (myself included) either need to dual boot their computers or have a PC on hand as Mac file system does weird things & creates arbitrary files due to its UNIX base; while you can certainly copy & paste the new files into the folders on a Mac, you will find that you will end up with additional files in your RT menu as a direct relation to how MacOS works (you'll find ._tunename in your MM3 - these files are only visible on a Windows computer with hidden files shown)

Also, please stop removing your OE MM3 SD card & replacing it - there is no need for an extreme storage capacity card in this device. And on that note, do not format your SD card..formatting erases everything on the card which will render your MM3 useless as none of the proper folder structures will exist.

Final note, as @TexNeck said, back up everything to your desktop. I have a folder on my computer dedicated to tune files of every revision etc, so I can always revert back if needed in the event of a tune load failure or other problem.

This is my PSA.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

17. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Power247, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast