Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  46
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Airbag Deployment During Head On Accident

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: No Airbag Deployment During Head On Accident

Blessings to ALL who have been there and walked away!

God is great y'all, I am so thankful that we can read this and opine as we do.

Thankful, thankful, thankful!

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    So Last Thursday evening, I was hit head on, at a recorded speed of 45 at the moment of impact, 48 prior to what little reaction time there was (speed recorded by dash camera video below).

The other vehicle involved was a 4 dr wrangler (his airbags deployed).

Well as you can tell from the thread title, my airbags did not go off.

Worked with insurance, and now FCA called, and emailed for more information.

They also asked to be in contact with insurance to be able to inspect the truck.

One of the first things @Polaraco said, was about the airbags not deploying.

Does anyone have any insight into the newer airbag workings?

What I can tell you:
    All updates and recalls current as of 2/7/20

I did have a Go Rhino bumper with Winch on the front. (company has made a statement it does not effect airbags)

What can I expect from from FCA?

Will the missing parts from the infamous pothole have any effect?

Video:

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OFkGs_5Tn1-Ig09dT6OdP5IpPuAf5Nw0/view?usp=sharing[/url]

Pictures:
    Dang!

Just watched the video if the pictures wasn’t enough, that’s pretty scary!

Glad you made it out, hope the other(s) were ok too!

Keep us posted!

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    I totaled my truck in March of this year. A boy that had just turned 21 pulled out in front of me and lost his life. I was running about 45 mph also and struck him in the driver's side of a S-10 truck. The airbags didn't deploy on my truck and my insurance agent suspects it was because I never touched the brakes until after impact. Missing parts didn't effect mine but I wasn't dealing with FCA.

I had my 5 year old son in the backseat and after that accident and we were ok, I decided that I would definitely buy another Ram.

That video really hit home.Attachment 11412Attachment 11413Attachment 11414Attachment 11415
    I totaled my truck in March of this year. A boy that had just turned 21 pulled out in front of me and lost his life. I was running about 45 mph also and struck him in the driver's side of a S-10 truck. The airbags didn't deploy on my truck and my insurance agent suspects it was because I never touched the brakes until after impact. Missing parts didn't effect mine but I wasn't dealing with FCA.

I had my 5 year old son in the backseat and after that accident and we were ok, I decided that I would definitely buy another Ram.

That video really hit home.Attachment 11412Attachment 11413Attachment 11414Attachment 11415
    That’s horrible and so sad he lost his life. The damage done to your truck doesn’t compare to his truck. Glad you and your son are ok!!

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks 16 Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, 16 Cummins liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Wow! I'm glad you guys are okay!

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

WOW!

This happens way too often.

It seems people have become complacent with left turn signals and when they see a green light they just turn not remembering the older style signal system where the left turn must yield to oncoming traffic.

So glad this was not deadly for either vehicle.

10. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@F350Cummins Just curious how did it go with the insurance?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes watersupply189, Power247, Aboshan liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    @F350Cummins Just curious how did it go with the insurance?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    After 2 phone calls from Chrysler at an hour or so each, and providing them copies of every record I have, (Everything including every fuel receipt since new) I was told to expect an update in the near future.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

14. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    After 2 phone calls from Chrysler at an hour or so each, and providing them copies of every record I have, (Everything including every fuel receipt since new) I was told to expect an update in the near future.
    Thanks for the update. So is the insurance co. working with Chrysler to come up with a pay off settlement?

Or is Chrysler still trying to figure out the airbag issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Thanks for the update. So is the insurance co. working with Chrysler to come up with a pay off settlement?

Or is Chrysler still trying to figure out the airbag issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Insurance company already sent the $$$

Chrysler is working the airbag issue.

It seems that there was not enough G force to trigger though.

I am gaining more of an understanding of the newer airbag systems since they have gotten more complex than the simple impact sensors.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

18. Thanks RATLIN'HP, AK Bob, watersupply189, Power247 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I'm sorry you have to live with this for the rest of your life.

It's similar to killing someone in war.

I only did one.

The guys who were on the lines became immune.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

20. Thanks 16 Cummins, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12